AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I don't own them, but I will share with you my experience from last week. I was at a local customer's house helping to hook up their Palliser bass shakers. I was prepared to be underwhelmed, honestly. I wasn't very happy when Palliser switched from the Buttkicker brand. We hooked up and got the wireless system working. The effect was so-so to OK. However, the customer requested that we hook them up via a wired connection. I'm glad he wanted this so we could all experience the difference. There is a huge difference in performance when sending the wireless signal (from the AV receiver to the first shaker unit) to the shakers verses having them wired. I didn't expect it, but I would say the overall effect is better than Buttkickers. It just feels more precise and less "rumbly" than Buttkickers. So, if you end up doing it, just make sure you use a wired connection.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
My old seats are the Palliser Hyland but in my new theater I went with the Palliser Pacifico. The Hylands came with the Aura Pro type shaker pre-installed. They did not go deep enough to be effective at the frequencies where I want the effect. I bought a couple of Buttkickers and like them much better. I do set my buttkicker crossover at about 30hz or so, so they only operate below that. 30hz is about the bottom limit of the aura type shakers. Either way you go, I think you really need a decent subwoofer or the effect seems gimmicky. I think of them as supporting the subs not replacing them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.