AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone can provide a review of the ones they are currently using?

About to order some palliser home theater chairs and I didnt even know you cold get bass shakers factory installed. Obviously some advantages I would think from being incorporated while manufactured.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,424 Posts
Just wondering if anyone can provide a review of the ones they are currently using?

About to order some palliser home theater chairs and I didnt even know you cold get bass shakers factory installed. Obviously some advantages I would think from being incorporated while manufactured.
Pretty sure they just install buttkickers. You are better off getting your own. Palliser is a furniture manufacturer not a HIFI equipment manufacturer.

·
Premium Member
1,419 Posts

They use bass shakers similar to aura it's not the buttkicker brand at all. It's a transducer. It's pretty convenient but fairly expensive to have them preinstalled, it would not be hard to do it aftermarket for about 20% of the price they charge. Email us for a quote if you doing Palliser, we are a dealer for them.

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have Palliser Flicks seats and put Aura transducers in them, one per seat. The Flicks have a place at the lower part of the back where the Aura's mount to very easily, given they are designed for their own bass shakers. I'd assume their other seats are similar.

Definitely get some bass transducers though as they add a lot to the immersion of watching movies, and even listening to music.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have Palliser Flicks seats and put Aura transducers in them, one per seat. The Flicks have a place at the lower part of the back where the Aura's mount to very easily, given they are designed for their own bass shakers. I'd assume their other seats are similar.

Definitely get some bass transducers though as they add a lot to the immersion of watching movies, and even listening to music.

Thanks! Can you tell me why you went with Flicks? Im looking at ordering the Catalina.

Also, what layout you go with? Im thinking love seat in the middle with a chair on each side. So a row of 4.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks! Can you tell me why you went with Flicks? Im looking at ordering the Catalina.

Also, what layout you go with? Im thinking love seat in the middle with a chair on each side. So a row of 4.
I chose the Flicks upon the recommendation of the seller I purchased them from. My cousin is actually the owner of Atlanta Home Theater and he recommended that model as the ones he's found to be the most comfortable. But I don't have any personal experience with others, so maybe they are or aren't. I do know that we love our chairs, even though they are definitely firm, especially out of the box. I've read some people not like their firmness, but I do and as they age, I know they will continue to soften and probably last longer due to their original firmness. Not sure if that is a Palliser trait, but it's true for the Flicks.

As far as a configuration, we did 7 individual seats, with three in the front and four in the rear. I debated on the loveseat design in the back, but in the end went with individual seats. When we have guests over, which honestly is rare, having the individual seats is nice. But when it's just my wife and I watching, which is more often the case, I'd love to have the loveseat. So just depends on your typical "audience". I've actually been talking with my wife about swapping two of our chairs for a loveseat and selling two of our seats. She likes sitting in front though so I'm not sure. Also, I wasn't sure about having individual seats vs having them connected and sharing arms, but I'm really glad we went with individual seats. It offers each person their own set of arms and 2 cup holders, which is especially nice if you use the tray table on side and the cup holder on the other. And it's easy to move them into the positions I want them in, without having them all connected. So if you have the room, going with individual seats is the way to go in my opinion.

Here is my seating for reference...

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I chose the Flicks upon the recommendation of the seller I purchased them from. My cousin is actually the owner of Atlanta Home Theater and he recommended that model as the ones he's found to be the most comfortable. But I don't have any personal experience with others, so maybe they are or aren't. I do know that we love our chairs, even though they are definitely firm, especially out of the box. I've read some people not like their firmness, but I do and as they age, I know they will continue to soften and probably last longer due to their original firmness. Not sure if that is a Palliser trait, but it's true for the Flicks.

As far as a configuration, we did 7 individual seats, with three in the front and four in the rear. I debated on the loveseat design in the back, but in the end went with individual seats. When we have guests over, which honestly is rare, having the individual seats is nice. But when it's just my wife and I watching, which is more often the case, I'd love to have the loveseat. So just depends on your typical "audience". I've actually been talking with my wife about swapping two of our chairs for a loveseat and selling two of our seats. She likes sitting in front though so I'm not sure. Also, I wasn't sure about having individual seats vs having them connected and sharing arms, but I'm really glad we went with individual seats. It offers each person their own set of arms and 2 cup holders, which is especially nice if you use the tray table on side and the cup holder on the other. And it's easy to move them into the positions I want them in, without having them all connected. So if you have the room, going with individual seats is the way to go in my opinion.

Here is my seating for reference...

That is a really nice room!

You are causing me to pause on my choice, the flicks just look awesome! I have a really modern room so I thought the Catalina would be good but it doesnt look as comfy.

Generally the audience will just be me and my two girls, hopefulyl a future girlfriend in near future. This is actually part of my divorce gift to myself. Ill get the sports car later as I get deeper into my crisis.

·
Registered
480 Posts
That is a really nice room!

You are causing me to pause on my choice, the flicks just look awesome! I have a really modern room so I thought the Catalina would be good but it doesnt look as comfy.

Generally the audience will just be me and my two girls, hopefulyl a future girlfriend in near future. This is actually part of my divorce gift to myself. Ill get the sports car later as I get deeper into my crisis.
Thanks for the nice words! Don't second guess yourself. If you like the styling of the Catalina, go with what you like best. I'm guessing they are much like one another as far as comfort and function. Like I said, I've never sat in other Palliser chairs, so I can't compare. Not sure if there is a store anyplace near you that has any in stock, but for their cost, it's worth a short drive if so if you're not sure. I'm sure you'll be really happy either way.

Sorry about relationship woes. Not a fun experience for anyone involved. No doubt a nice entertainment area in the house, and sports car can help! ;-)

·
Registered
480 Posts
And just for reference, my chairs are covered in the DAX Black fabric. It's soft like leather, very resistant to stains, but not quite as slippery as leather. We are very happy with it. I recommend that material if you don't want to spend the extra for some of their premium grade materials.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the nice words! Don't second guess yourself. If you like the styling of the Catalina, go with what you like best. I'm guessing they are much like one another as far as comfort and function. Like I said, I've never sat in other Palliser chairs, so I can't compare. Not sure if there is a store anyplace near you that has any in stock, but for their cost, it's worth a short drive if so if you're not sure. I'm sure you'll be really happy either way.

Sorry about relationship woes. Not a fun experience for anyone involved. No doubt a nice entertainment area in the house, and sports car can help! ;-)
Thanks! Unfortunately I have limited options nearby, but Im a big palliser fan, this will be the seventh "couch" I have purchased. Everything has been comfortable now that mention it so I will probably be fine either way.

I have a new theater that I have probably watched like 10 movies in tops but I anticipate having a lot more time soon with the relationship woes! :)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
And just for reference, my chairs are covered in the DAX Black fabric. It's soft like leather, very resistant to stains, but not quite as slippery as leather. We are very happy with it. I recommend that material if you don't want to spend the extra for some of their premium grade materials.
Thanks, actually going to go purple leather....a choice my wife never would have let me away with. Gotta be bold.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Bold indeed! Enjoy them and again, get the Auras or similar transducers. They're well worth the small cost. I also put BOSS platforms under mine. With both, my chairs came to life! But even with just the Auras, the chairs bring a lot of "feel" to movie watching.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bold indeed! Enjoy them and again, get the Auras or similar transducers. They're well worth the small cost. I also put BOSS platforms under mine. With both, my chairs came to life! But even with just the Auras, the chairs bring a lot of "feel" to movie watching.
Thank you, I plan to. I may have to reach out to you once I receive the chairs for some tips on install of the transducers.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts

I have Aura bass shakers in my Berkline that I’ll install in my Flicks when I get them. Can you post a picture on how/where you installed them in the Flicks?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Sure. I mounted them on the piece of osb found in the lower part of the back. They work great there!

Thanks for the pic, so it’s on the backrest and not the seat?

Makes sense. I wasn’t sure there would be enough clearance on the bottom of the seat, so that takes care of the issue.

Reactions: bofa89

·
Registered
480 Posts
Thanks for the pic, so it’s on the backrest and not the seat?

Makes sense. I wasn’t sure there would be enough clearance on the bottom of the seat, so that takes care of the issue.
I'm pretty sure that is the location Palliser recommends for their own transducers, which is why I used it. It is very easy to attach them there and it creates a lot of tactile feel through the entire back, and into the seat as well.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I'm pretty sure that is the location Palliser recommends for their own transducers, which is why I used it. It is very easy to attach them there and it creates a lot of tactile feel through the entire back, and into the seat as well.
Is there enough room for a screw gun or did you use a stub Phillips?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts