AVS Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I just used a stub phillips screwdriver and short enough screws to not go through the back! :)
Yeah, I have plenty of extra short black screws that I purchased from Parts Express when I purchased the Aura transducers.
Thanks again for the valuable info/tips. Can’t wait to get my chairs.

Reactions: bofa89 and luv2fly3

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,450 Posts
I have Palliser Flicks seats and put Aura transducers in them, one per seat. The Flicks have a place at the lower part of the back where the Aura's mount to very easily, given they are designed for their own bass shakers. I'd assume their other seats are similar.

Definitely get some bass transducers though as they add a lot to the immersion of watching movies, and even listening to music.
Aura shakers are pretty musical. I like them for music. I have one on my office chair, 4 - one in each of my arcade sit down racers, 2 one in each headrest of my jeep, 2 one in each seat in my truck, and 2 spares sitting in my garage cabinet :)

I have Aura bass shakers in my Berkline that I’ll install in my Flicks when I get them. Can you post a picture on how/where you installed them in the Flicks?
This is how you install shakers in your seat btw:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Aura shakers are pretty musical. I like them for music. I have one on my office chair, 4 - one in each of my arcade sit down racers, 2 one in each headrest of my jeep, 2 one in each seat in my truck, and 2 spares sitting in my garage cabinet :)

This is how you install shakers in your seat btw:

Thanks for your photos, but I prefer the method employed by luv2fly3 and Palliser.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Thanks! Can you tell me why you went with Flicks? Im looking at ordering the Catalina.

Also, what layout you go with? Im thinking love seat in the middle with a chair on each side. So a row of 4.
I have not sat in Catalina yet but Flicks is the most popular style we sell with Palliser. The Catalina is new and has power lumbar feature.

You also have to be careful ordering a row of 4 loveseat as most dealers will quote you armless loveseat with 2 2 arm seats, as it's a cheaper option.

This does not allow you to control the loveseat from the cupholder which is huge downside.

You really don't want to get that configuration that way, you want to order 4 1 arm seats. ( 2 - 2E's and 2 - 3E's ) that way you get controls on top.

You need to allow 8 week lead time.

You might also check our brand HT design the new Clark style has all the flicks features plus power lumbar however only available in black leather for now.

The clark is an in stock seat.

If you need help on a quote let us know.

Regards,
Alan

FYI, as a heads up we running a huge sale on Palliser on our site for Presidents Day.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I have not sat in Catalina yet but Flicks is the most popular style we sell with Palliser. The Catalina is new and has power lumbar feature.

You also have to be careful ordering a row of 4 loveseat as most dealers will quote you armless loveseat with 2 2 arm seats, as it's a cheaper option.

This does not allow you to control the loveseat from the cupholder which is huge downside.

You really don't want to get that configuration that way, you want to order 4 1 arm seats. ( 2 - 2E's and 2 - 3E's ) that way you get controls on top.

You might also check our brand HT design the new Clark style has all the flicks features plus power lumbar however only available in black leather for now.

Regards,
Alan

FYI, as a heads up we running a huge sale on Palliser on our site for Presidents Day.
I ordered the Palliser Flicks in a center loveseat configuration through Alan, in the four single arm configuration that he described.

There is an added bonus in ordering the single arm configuration, and that is, if you have a favorite seat that you use most often, you can rotate them, meaning you can swap the outer chair with one of the seats that you use for the loveseat, giving you more even wear, You can even switch it up to a double loveseat configuration. Very versatile.

Reactions: bofa89

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #26

Regards,
Alan

Thanks for the info! I actually was trying to figure out that issue with the loveseat and the controls. I agree, that is a no go. Darn.

I would maybe be interested in the clark but Im determined to have some color.

I really appreciate all your help.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I ordered the Palliser Flicks in a center loveseat configuration through Alan, in the four single arm configuration that he described.

There is an added bonus in ordering the single arm configuration, and that is, if you have a favorite seat that you use most often, you can rotate them, meaning you can swap the outer chair with one of the seats that you use for the loveseat, giving you more even wear, You can even switch it up to a double loveseat configuration. Very versatile.
Oh shoot, I wasnt catchign on to this fact. So I will still have the loveseat configuration, got it now. Just have to order the correct single arm chairs.

You go straight or curved?

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Oh shoot, I wasnt catchign on to this fact. So I will still have the loveseat configuration, got it now. Just have to order the correct single arm chairs.

You go straight or curved?

I went with the straight configuration. two 2Es, and two 3Es single arm chairs.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I went with the straight configuration. 2 right single arms, and 2 left single arm chairs.

Are you happy you created the love seat configuration? Also, happy you didnt go curved? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to be sure.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Are you happy you created the love seat configuration? Also, happy you didnt go curved? Sorry for all the questions. Just want to be sure.
Well, I haven't received them yet, but I do have a four seat Berkline 45088 configured the same way, and we like having the loveseat in the middle.

I didn't have the room for the curved, as it's a small den. If you went curved, you wouldn't have quite the same versatility, but I guess you could rotate them as you would the straight configuration, only you'd be changing it from curved to straight when you did rotate them.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Well, I haven't received them yet, but I do have a four seat Berkline 45088 configured the same way, and we like having the loveseat in the middle.

I didn't have the room for the curved, as it's a small den. If you went curved, you wouldn't have quite the same versatility, but I guess you could rotate them as you would the straight configuration, only you'd be changing it from curved to straight when you did rotate them.
Good point, you have been a ton of help. Really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
It all depends on space curved takes way more space up then straight. You really can't rotate chairs if that's what you want to do. I think quality is good so rotating may not be an issue.

Curved you would use all 1 arm seats but just different pieces, you would use 2e, 9e, 7e, 3e. Those pieces would have to stay in place to make a curved config.

Curved loveseat flicks is 140"

Straight Loveseat flicks is 124"

So it depends on space mostly. I would do it if I had the space.

What cover did you want to do? and what color?

Regards,
Alan

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Good point, you have been a ton of help. Really appreciate it.
I'm glad that I was able to help in some way. I have been helped by many while shopping for seats, especially luv2fly3 and Alan, so I'm happy to pay it forward.

Reactions: luv2fly3 and bofa89

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
It all depends on space curved takes way more space up then straight. You really can't rotate chairs if that's what you want to do. I think quality is good so rotating may not be an issue.

Curved you would use all 1 arm seats but just different pieces, you would use 2e, 9e, 7e, 3e. Those pieces would have to stay in place to make a curved config.

Curved loveseat flicks is 140"

Straight Loveseat flicks is 124"

So it depends on space mostly. I would do it if I had the space.

What cover did you want to do? and what color?

Regards,
Alan
I think I have the space, the unfinished room was 226 inches wide, Ill have to measure it exactly to see the finished space width, but it appears I have the space for curved pretty easily.

Catalina straight is 130", Im guessing the curved is around 146".

IM planning on getting leather dazzle pansy. Yea im crazy, Viking fan though and want some pop of color.

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
I think I have the space, the unfinished room was 226 inches wide, Ill have to measure it exactly to see the finished space width, but it appears I have the space for curved pretty easily.

Catalina straight is 130", Im guessing the curved is around 146".

IM planning on getting leather dazzle pansy. Yea im crazy, Viking fan though and want some pop of color.
Depends on if you're getting loveseat configuration or not.

If you're getting

• Curved loveseat 4-seater (one 7L, one 9L, one 2L and one 3L) = 140".
  • Curved non-loveseat 4-seater (one 5L, one 6L, one 2L and one 3L) = 154"
  • Straight non-loveseat 4-seater (two 1Ls, one 3L, one 2L) = 130".
  • Straight loveseat 4-seater (two 2Ls and two 3Ls) = 124".
https://www.theaterseatstore.com/pub/media/documents/brochures/palliser-catalina-brochure.pdf

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Or you can do what luv2fly3 did and buy all 1Ls and curve and space them however you like.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #37 (Edited)
Or you can do what luv2fly3 did and buy all 1Ls and curve and space them however you like.
Good point, thank you! I'm actually contemplating that a bit.

Im consiering ordering one 1L and two 3L's, I could figure as three straight chairs or as one chair and a love seat.

Or go back to 4. One aspect I like about three is I can center main seat and it saves me a lot!

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
Good point, thank you! I'm actually contemplating that a bit.

Im consiering ordering one 1L and two 3L's, I could figure as three straight chairs or as one chair and a love seat.

Or go back to 4. One aspect I like about three is I can center main seat and it saves me a lot!
I sent PM on Flicks quote, I can quote 3 also and 3 Catalina. FYI, you should know if you go dazzle leather it only comes as all over top grain leather.

You can't do a leather match combo which would save you lots of money. I would put the purple in carpet and get another color and do leather match.

It would save about 20% on the purchase by doing leather match combo versus all over leather.

Regards,
Alan

21 - 39 of 39 Posts