AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 2 EH-55's, each one with its own remote, that will only control that recorder. If one remote stops working, how can I access the settings of that recorder. If I get a new remote, how do I set it up to replace the defective remote?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,644 Posts
Remotes come default as remote code 1, to change the code of the remote you only need to hold both the number you want (1-3) along with the center ENTER key, for several seconds. It's that easy, to change the remote code of the unit you need to first match the remote to the unit, then go into the SETUP options and change the unit, finally change your remote to what you've set your unit to.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasta /forum/post/19612575

I have 2 EH-55's, each one with its own remote, that will only control that recorder. If one remote stops working, how can I access the settings of that recorder. If I get a new remote, how do I set it up to replace the defective remote?

Thanks

It's simple to change the remote code between 1, 2, or 3 so that one remote may be used to control both recorders. Hold down the 1, 2, or 3 button and the ENTER button at the same time for more than two seconds. (See page 23 in the DMR-EH55 Operating Instructions.)

·
Registered
4,747 Posts
If your two EH55s are not in a location where they "see" each other, this won't make any sense to you.

When you use one recorder, the "other" one says something on the front panel like "CODE 1" (2, or 3). This is because when the EH55 sees an IR command with a prefix different from what it is set to, it displays its own prefix code so you know which one IT will respond to. Changing the code has been mentioned above. Someone must have set the two EH55s to different codes if "each one with its own remote, that will only control that recorder" as you say. If it wasn't you, then it must have been someone else.

Replacement remotes are available from many sources.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies. If both remotes stop working, would there be any way to access More than the basic functions(power, play, record, etc) on the front panel?

·
Registered
4,747 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasta /forum/post/19618534

Thanks for the replies. If both remotes stop working, would there be any way to access More than the basic functions(power, play, record, etc) on the front panel?

No! I'm not sure from the front panel you can even select a title to play because you don't have access to the "arrow" buttons.

Like I said, replacement remotes are readily available from a variety of sources. Just Google the part number (EUR7659YR0).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts