AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, guess it finally had to happen. i only use it about once a month.

turned on.

loaded dvd-r (screen showed that it was loading), then 'in 1' showed on dvdr display. nothing on screen.

pressed 'fr', got 'set 2' on dvdr display. zip on screen.

after that, any button pushed on remote gives 'set 2' on dvdr display.

front panel controls seemed to do nothing with loaded dvd-r.

ejected dvd-r.

put in regular commercial dvd to test playback. it's ok, using front panel controls but no control with remote, kept getting 'set 2' message on front panel.

any ideas- bad remote?, dvdr?

remote has new batteries.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16857357

well, guess it finally had to happen. i only use it about once a month.

turned on.

loaded dvd-r (screen showed that it was loading), then 'in 1' showed on dvdr display. nothing on screen.

pressed 'fr', got 'set 2' on dvdr display. zip on screen.

after that, any button pushed on remote gives 'set 2' on dvdr display.

front panel controls seemed to do nothing with loaded dvd-r.

ejected dvd-r.

put in regular commercial dvd to test playback. it's ok, using front panel controls but no control with remote, kept getting 'set 2' message on front panel.

any ideas- bad remote?, dvdr?

remote has new batteries.

"Set 2" indicates that your machine is set to use the #2 operating code. You may have accidentally switched your remote to another code, 1 or 3.

To set your remote back to code 2, press and hold the 2 button and the ENTER button at the same time for several seconds.

Later if you wish to set your machine to a different code go to the setup menu to reset the machine to the code of your choosing. Then reset the remote to that same code in the same manner as above.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigaDo /forum/post/16857525

"Set 2" indicates that your machine is set to use the #2 operating code. You may have accidentally switched your remote to another code, 1 or 3.

To set your remote back to code 2, press and hold the 2 button and the ENTER button at the same time for several seconds.

Later if you wish to set your machine to a different code go to the setup menu to reset the machine to the code of your choosing. Then reset the remote to that same code in the same manner as above.

that seems to have done it! much thanks!

·
Registered
4,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16857852

that seems to have done it! much thanks!

Really! That was an easy one.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy /forum/post/16858547

yes, it was. i should have figured it out for myself but guess i'm losing it...

and i haven't figured out how or what i did to cause the problem. it's never done that before in the three years i've had the '15'. it's been perfect til this.

must 'a nudged a wrong button or something.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjeff /forum/post/16859163

Blame the monkey

But seriously, IMO the ES-15 is one of the best work horses Panasonic made. No bugs and early in '07 they were

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
guys, i knew when i posted my little problem here that one or more of youse would step up and 'fix' the problem in a matter of minutes.

sure enough, yawl did.

thanks again to all.

guess that's why they pay ya' the big bux!

·
Registered
4,748 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy /forum/post/16858547

Quote:
Originally Posted by westgate /forum/post/16858683

yes, it was. i should have figured it out for myself but guess i'm losing it...

and i haven't figured out how or what i did to cause the problem. it's never done that before in the three years i've had the '15'. it's been perfect til this.

must 'a nudged a wrong button or something.

I never meant to imply that you should have figured it out on your own, I meant to imply that answering a question like yours is very gratifiying. It is quick, specific, and you have your machine back in 100% working order in a snap! Glad we could help.

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Church AV Guy /forum/post/16862461

I never meant to imply that you should have figured it out on your own, I meant to imply that answering a question like yours is very gratifiying. It is quick, specific, and you have your machine back in 100% working order in a snap! Glad we could help.

i didn't get that from you at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.