AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get one of these. I don't know if I really need voltage regulation or not, but I don't really care about the extra $100 cost. I was wondering if the 5400 makes any noise, clicking or humming compared to the 5300. Any experience or opinions?

·
Registered
7,480 Posts
l have no idea. My opinion, however, is that you should buy neither. There is no need for this kind of equipment in an audio system. Spend the money on something that matters or media.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I just bought a 5400. No noise from mine. I also have the 7500 pro. Good stuff.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I want to get one of these. I don't know if I really need voltage regulation or not, but I don't really care about the extra $100 cost. I was wondering if the 5400 makes any noise, clicking or humming compared to the 5300. Any experience or opinions?
Have you checked Furman ? I have the Furman Elite-15i I had it for many years and it does the job.

·
Registered
502 Posts
yea I liked the Furman a lot more especially the 15 DMI but it was to deep for where I wanted it to go.
Yeah the Furman is more than 14" deep compared to the Panamax. The Panamax is also very good and will give you good protection.

·
Registered
14,793 Posts
I've had a Panamax 5100EX for years and it works great. No noise from it at all.

Bill

·
Registered
15,956 Posts
Some have complained that plugging an amp into many power conditioners, including Panamax's, negatively affects AQ (despite the "high current" plug). IMO, Furman has a better reputation. I recently switched from a Panamax (5300) to a toroidal isolation unit (check out Torus Power, Bryston, etc) when I upgraded my entire system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts