AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, me and probably some other ht1000 owner, need anamorphic lens.

I don't know how to set up a power buy ( co-buy ) on that article.

Please let me know who could be interested in that, and how can help us to do it.

Regards

Marco

·
Registered
897 Posts
With the firmware fix now available for automatic resizing of the image for use with anamorphic lenses I am finally interested in looking at this too. Prior to this the manual rescaling was unattractive.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Hey guys!

I will see what can be done. I would need to know how many are interested, so please keep posting if you are so that I can get an idea.

·
Registered
180 Posts
If the price is right, count me in too. I've got an LT240K though. Also, I'm not sure if this will work with such a short-throw lens, but if it does, I'd be game...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in the same situation as TimB, moving from CRT to digital and have yet decided which projector to buy. Thus, if I get a XGA one, I'd be in too.

Naris

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am very interested indeed, but Jason told me he cannot ship anywhere outside US, so I was planning to wait until I fly over the ocean for business (the project I was working on, and needed several flight, is now cancelled, so I am in a hold on mode...), and grab a lens from him somehow.

If you can find another solution, so we can get the lens in Italy too, Marco, count on me.

Ciao

Francesco

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
First of all I'm very happy that we can build an important co-buy. About shipping for italian user, I would organize it, since got base in New York and could manage it from there.

sincerely

Marco

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am interested for my HT1000, but need to visit with Bytehoven or one of the other experts here to ensure that the I can fit the additional offset into my set up...

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Add me to the interested party list please!

Thanks

Greg

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Okay I talked with the Powers that be. There are currently only 6 NEC rings left that can be made into lenses. So basically only the first 6 people can get them. If there was enough interest, they could make new rings that would also allow the adjustments to be done, but that would require at least 20 people.

Price: $899.00 plus $20 shipping

These would be Final Sale Items.

Also note they work best with a throw of 1.65 or greater, so if you are the short side of the zoom you might want to be careful.

Please contact us if interested.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry, just an update to my post...

I think that a co-buy price would be at last near (lower) "christmas offer" for PSO-U10. That would be significant for this kind of operation, otherwise such a "little" reduction I think won't meet so much expectations of us.

thanks for interest

Marco

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Understand, but this is what they are offering. It is a discontinued piece, and a higher quality piece then the U10 according to the manufacturer. These used to sell for over $1.1k, so for its level it is a decent price.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I forgot to say that I am interested only if I can use the lens with my X1. If it is a special version for the HT1x00, of course, remove me from the list.

Thanks

Francesco

·
Registered
327 Posts
Jason,

I misunderstood and thought this WAS going to be on the U10. And, as you well know ;), I still need to make a decision on the projector before I can confirm or bail on this. Thanks!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
in fact I tought about U10. At this point the co-buy can be expanded to 2 type of lens. If someone want the HT1000 specific one, or the U10 universal.

keep post your agreement.

Marco.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm all for the Universal Panamorph (U10) as I have an LT240K. If this thing can be had for a hundred or two cheaper than that already being offered by AVS, it'd be a great upgrade for any 4:3 PJ.

It might be tougher to get a Power Buy on just the HT1000 lens, but at least the Universal U10 can be used by all...

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I know if you get a Universal co-buy, I'd be interested since I have the Panny 500AE. You might get some traffic from those of us in the under $3500 forum since this thread was pointed out there.

-MP

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.