Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Shawn,

I'm very surprised to hear that 80 F is the max reccommended operating limit. Many climates (SF Bay for one) are temperate enough that people don't have air conditioning, but there are many days of the year where 80 F is exceeded.

What are the consequences of exceeding 80 F? Damage, greater optical distortion, change in AR?

I would be installing the Panamprph in a rear projection installation that includes the projector and all equipment, including 14 amp channels. It is very likely that the temperature inside will always be greater than 80 F, and probably exceed 100 F during one of our infrequent hot spells.

Should I not use the Panamorph in my situation?

Thanks

------------------

Noah

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
This is also a concern for me since the VT540 exhaust vent is on the front, directly above/below the lens (where the base of the Panamorph will be).

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
296 Posts
I was planning on building a hush box for my dila and putting the panamorph inside. It now appears that is not a good idea! Reading between the lines from what Shawn has said I think what is important is temperature change. If the temperature changes while viewing it probably affects the optics therefore it is not a good idea to put the panamorph inside the hush box. Is this correct Shawn?

Since the panamorph will be outside are the lens surface easily cleaned? With what?

A last question for Shawn: can tilting the panamorph produce the same result as tilting the projector?. In the hush box design it would be easier to tilt the panamorph because of air seals around the dila exaust ports.

Sandy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.