AVS Forum banner

1521 - 1540 of 1551 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
If you select the JVC's Anamorphic Mode D, then you will have 'normal' 16:9 content, not cropped or stretched, with the expected black pillar bars on the side.
If you select the JVC's Anamorphic Mode C, then it will treat it the same way it treats 2.35:1 content, cropping the top/bottom area equivalent to where the Letterbox bars would be, and have the width fill the full scope screen.

So it's up to you - some people want the full original content, uncropped, and so use Mode D.
Others want to fill their screen, and are ok with cropping off the top/bottom of the content. They use Mode C.

And if you have an external Video Processor, you might have other options, with stretch, crop, or some combination of these two.
Isn't there also a third option for those who wan't the image "stretched"? If you dont select any anamorphic mode, the 16:9 image just gets streched to the 2.35:1 screen. I wouldn't use it, but it's an option.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Isn't there also a third option for those who wan't the image "stretched"? If you dont select any anamorphic mode, the 16:9 image just gets streched to the 2.35:1 screen. I wouldn't use it, but it's an option.
You may be right about that. I haven't tried that, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is the net result.

Like you, I wouldn't find the distortion acceptable, but some might, so it's good to point out that option.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Does anyone here has lens installed with projector on shelf rather than mounted upside down from ceiling? Can you please share pictures and installation tips? Thanks!

Also, how much space does the lens need in front of the projector? Any estimate of distance from the front of the lens to the front of the projector?

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Does anyone here has lens installed with projector on shelf rather than mounted upside down from ceiling? Can you please share pictures and installation tips? Thanks!
Post 18 in this thread has a photo of Ash's lens, which appears to be a shelf mounted projector (since the lens mount is underneath). I'm pretty sure @Craig Peer has posted photos of his shelf mount in this thread too.

·
Premium Member
2,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,528

Also, how much space does the lens need in front of the projector? Any estimate of distance from the front of the lens to the front of the projector?
The DCR could be almost touching the projector lens - mine is a few mm away.
The DCR is super light - as long as it is placed in front of the lens so the projector light passes through it without obstruction - how (shelf or projector etc) it is mounted does not mater.
Mine is shelf mounted.

·
Registered
18,634 Posts

Right here - The Peer Home Theater

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Looks like you are using a IR repeater to control? Is it USB powered?

What exactly are you using on the sides of the lens? Looks like some black painted shutters.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18,634 Posts
Looks like you are using a IR repeater to control? Is it USB powered?

What exactly are you using on the sides of the lens? Looks like some black painted shutters.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The projector is mounted inside a projector closet. Check out my build thread and you can see the " full picture ".

·
Registered
1,349 Posts

·
Registered
18,634 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If your projector ex RS4500 is shelf mounted. Do you attach a DCR lens by screws into your wooden shelf ? Or are there screw holes on the bottom of the projector as well to mount a DCR?

Which method is preferable ?

·
Registered
18,634 Posts
If your projector ex RS4500 is shelf mounted. Do you attach a DCR lens by screws into your wooden shelf ? Or are there screw holes on the bottom of the projector as well to mount a DCR?

Which method is preferable ?
If you have a wide open shelf, you could use the lens mounting plate attached to either the projector or to the shelf. I couldn’t do that due to my projector closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Is Panamorph DCR-C still being sold or already discontinued? I can't find it on the Panamorph's website.

Does anyone remember the specs wrt to supported throw ratio by the compact version?

·
Registered
JVC RS2000, DCR-C Lens, Stewart ST130 G4 Microperf. DIYSG 1099 LCR, Volt6 x8, HT18”x4, Denon X4300h
236 Posts
Is Panamorph DCR-C still being sold or already discontinued? I can't find it on the Panamorph's website.

Does anyone remember the specs wrt to supported throw ratio by the compact version?
It might have been a special production run.
It is a 1.6 ratio throw for JVC NX5/7

I see one for sale in the classified section if your looking.

·
Registered
18,634 Posts

It was a one time special lens. Back to the regular DCR lens. It's hard to go wrong with the DCR lens as it is.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
If you have a wide open shelf, you could use the lens mounting plate attached to either the projector or to the shelf. I couldn’t do that due to my projector closet.

How does the lens mounting plate attach to the underside of the rs4500 projector ? Are there mounting holes ?

1521 - 1540 of 1551 Posts