AVS Forum banner

1841 - 1853 of 1853 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
The Lens Retainer will lock into place when the lens is attached and the attachment screws tightened. Even before fully tightening but after assembled you'll find the entire assembly is more difficult to rotate. That's the time to make sure the rotation setting is final, then finish tightening. You do not need to overtighten for all to be well.
Finally got my DLA-RS2000 and installed the DCR-J1. Piece of cake.

And since well meaning forum members have been concerned and commented about heat in my projector cabinet when posting pictures, notice the thermometer showing 72 degrees after being powered on for over 4 hours. There is a lot of space inside the opening, a lower level below the shelf, and 4 thermostat controlled fans with air intakes on the bottom of the cabinet that rarely come on.

DCR-J1b.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,877 Posts
Hey Guys,

Just a quick one.. What's the correct spacer to use between the U mount and the XM2 mount when attaching the DCR to the RS3000? I've always used the middle spacers but changed to the smallest one the other day and seems to be slightly better centered.. View attachment 3114177
The only right one is the one that is needed to ensure the image is properly centered in the lens to minimize cutoff/distortion.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I couldn't seem to find a direct answer. I've been going back and forth between the DCR J1 for my RS2000 and the DCR. I don't quite understand the difference in the 17:9 nomenclature. Does the J1 not resolve the full panel compared to the reg DCR?

Also; I have mine ceiling mounted ATM and am using the Chief mount. Does the XM2 bracket attach directly to the 2000 underneath the Chief or would it sandwich in between the mount and pj?

·
Registered
19,487 Posts
I couldn't seem to find a direct answer. I've been going back and forth between the DCR J1 for my RS2000 and the DCR. I don't quite understand the difference in the 17:9 nomenclature. Does the J1 not resolve the full panel compared to the reg DCR?

Also; I have mine ceiling mounted ATM and am using the Chief mount. Does the XM2 bracket attach directly to the 2000 underneath the Chief or would it sandwich in between the mount and pj?
The only difference between the DCR w the XM2 bracket and the J1 is how it mounts to the projector.

Regarding the XM1 plate - Microsoft Word - Paladin (and DCR) Lens System Installation Guide.docx (panamorph.com)

·
Registered
2,867 Posts

Just to expand on what Craig posted above, they do the same exact job, and work the same exact way. The 'regular' DCR can be used on a wide array of Projectors, while the J1 is specifically for the JVC NX5/NX7/RS1000/RS2000 Projectors. So if you went with a different Projector down the road, the J1 would likely not be compatible, while the DCR likely would.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
I get that. I had an FVX200 on my old JVC which was basically the exact same thing as the new DCRJ. I was confused as it talks about 17:9 on the DCR but not the J version. The whole reason for the DCR was the fact that I may switch up projectors and I don't want to be locked into the current model. I also feel resale is better on the DCR due to being able to be used for more models.

I was specifically asking about mounting of the XM2 bracket. The manual doesn't state if it directly mounts to the RS2000. So in layman terms; is it compatible with the chief mount and will it install directly to the chassis with said mount; or does it just sandwich in between?

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
I get that. I had an FVX200 on my old JVC which was basically the exact same thing as the new DCRJ. I was confused as it talks about 17:9 on the DCR but not the J version. The whole reason for the DCR was the fact that I may switch up projectors and I don't want to be locked into the current model. I also feel resale is better on the DCR due to being able to be used for more models.

I was specifically asking about mounting of the XM2 bracket. The manual doesn't state if it directly mounts to the RS2000. So in layman terms; is it compatible with the chief mount and will it install directly to the chassis with said mount; or does it just sandwich in between?
I use the Chief Mount with my NX7, and the XM2 bracket attaches directly to the NX7. The plate slides between the Projector and where the Chief mount is. I didn't have to dismount it in order to attach the plate. So really pretty simple.

I agree with your thinking about the benefits of the DCR in terms of future flexibility, resale value, etc. As far as I'm aware, the J1 would function no differently than the DCR in terms of 17:9, using the full 4096 pixel width of the JVC's chip, etc. If I'm overlooking something, I'm sure someone will point it out.

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
Thank you. That clarifies my concern. Dcr it is.

·
Premium Member
952 Posts
Thank you. That clarifies my concern. Dcr it is.
I concur the DCR has the better flexibility, whereas the DCRJ is specifically designed for the JVC NX series. If the DCR is w/in your cost range, that would be my choice, however if cost is limited, I would probably purchase the DCRJ just for the video improvement it provides and sell it as a package deal.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

·
Registered
5,363 Posts
The DCRJ isn't a big enough savings for me over the DCR to warrant going that direction. Pulled the trigger on the DCR. I'm looking forward to the chorus of angels singing and the heavens opening when I fire it up for the first time. If that doesn't happen I am holding everyone here personally responsible. :D

1841 - 1853 of 1853 Posts