AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Below is an email I got from Cygnus at 4:45 EDT today (8/9). I am almost certainly the LAST person in the initial pre-buy since I entered 1 day after it closed. I forget what snafu caused this -- its not important. Some info has been changed to protect the guilty. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

Subject: Delivery

Your Panamorph has been shipped Via Fed-ex here is your tracking Number:XXXXXXXXXXXX

Thanks,

Xxxx Xxxxxxxx

------------------

W.A. Easterling, Grayswan

Senior Software Engineer

·
Banned
6,051 Posts
You cant be right, I was also in the first powerbuy, I have not received any notification. I actually emailed Shawn about when mine was going to be shipped, and he replied in about two weeks. That was about 4 days ago.

Daniel

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Humey:
You cant be right, I was also in the first powerbuy, I have not received any notification. I actually emailed Shawn about when mine was going to be shipped, and he replied in about two weeks. That was about 4 days ago.
Hmmm... well, I'm at a loss to explain this. I should certainly be last in the first pre-buy based on when I entered. Check your email. Shawn indicated late last night that the pannies were starting to roll again and implied that many would ship in the next several days. Here: http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/007877.html

------------------

W.A. Easterling, Grayswan

Senior Software Engineer

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I got the same email this afternoon too.

I haven't followed the Panamorph discussions in a few weeks. What version is being shipped to us ?

- Andy

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I ordered either the first or second day after Alan Gouger posted the pre-order offer. Still have not received an email from Cygnus.

Bob Wood

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
375 Posts
Well,

I got in early on the first pre-buy back on July 18th (00) and haven't heard a word from Shawn about shipping...

Along with Kelliot, I wish we knew at least which batch we're in.

Thump

·
Registered
730 Posts
I was in on the $600.00 prebuy, and I have not yet received any notification as well!

------------------

The MPAA will not win this one!

Stop DVI/HDCP, PHILA and 5C- hack and mod to your heart's content!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Don't Panic! I have all of your Panamorphs here in my crypt. All I need is One Mealyun Doelars (each, of course, US currency only).

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
Dan,

So that's it. Are you saying that we were expected to pay for it? I guess I misunderstood.

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

·
Registered
386 Posts
I was also in the first powerbuy, and have yet to hear from Cygnus abouut shipping.

I dedided to take advantage of the delay and send my DL450 to Thumper to be "Thumperized".

So MURPHY'S LAW dictates that since my projector is gone I should expect to receive the Panamorph immediately :)

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was in the intial 600 prebuy via Alan and was told by Cgynus to expect my Pannie in the 2nd-3rd week of August. What day is it? I totally loss track. Oh, Alan did take my money, so at least I'm in a different boat than Bob. Sorry Bob.

Albert

·
Registered
16,014 Posts
I guess I better say I was just kidding in case Cygnus is reading this thread. Lordy, that would probably move me clear to the back of the line. http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

I was just kidding

Bob

------------------

~ The Sultan of Cheap ~

[This message has been edited by RobertWood (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Pleeeese, those of you who post that you've been notified, tell us WHEN you placed your order. Not last in the 1st, first in the 2nd prebuy, etc. How about a month or a day maybe? I'm only talking about the $600 prebuy here, since that's probably enough to keep Shawn busy for a while. It would help the rest of us get a sense of where stand in line, or else reveal that it's totally random.

Thanks!

Carey

·
Premium Member
1,066 Posts
Ken, the problem with publishing a list is that it requires open disclosure of private customer information. For this reason, as a minimum, we are providing delivery estimates to each customer against their direct inquiry. This estimate is currently limited to which week a unit is expected to ship. Each day our office manager answers these inquiries before processing the day's units. First units are guided by the list provided by AVScience. We currently have components in assembly for at least all units on this list.

------------------

Shawn Kelly

Cygnus Imaging
www.cgns.com

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Hats off to Cygnus for operating their business in the AVS Forum fishbowl for the past year plus. I am sure the company received some valuable assistance from the forum. I am also sure that having everyone here looking over Cygnus' shoulder during the development of this product has been royal pain. They are an unusual bunch. Art

[This message has been edited by Art Lloyd (edited 08-10-2001).]

·
Registered
148 Posts
Robert Fletcher

[email protected]

SQUEEK- SQUEEK - SQUEEEEEK!s>

------------------

--Bob

·
Registered
109 Posts
July 5, 2000: received confirmation email from Alan that I was on the pre-buy list.

July 11, 2000: received confirmation email from Alan that he had received my payment.

... a year later ...

July 20, 2001: In response to my inquiry, I received confirmation email from Shawn that I was on the list, my position on the list put me early in the third batch, and could expect delivery in a couple of weeks.

Today: I have not been contracted to arrange shipment of my Panamorph.

------------------

Randy

G20/CI/GrayHawk

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.