AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, sorry about one more panamorph thread but I didn't want to screw up constructive conversations in the other panamorph threads. plus you guys are addicted, unlike me.

I'm trying to figure out some things on Shawns "update page" and need some help with a translation. They say:

About VSR. Visual Systems Research, Inc. was started in 1999 to develop and commercialize personal display technologies for virtual imaging applications. Shawn Kelly, the CEO of Cygnus Imaging is also a founder of VSR and is currently its Chief Technology Officer. As a result of our association with Shawn in past commercial and industrial display applications and our experience in the display and virtual reality industries, we joined VSR with a primary interest in the virtual display opportunities. However, after recently evaluating the Panamorph technologies and understanding the issues of the past year, we have agreed, in the capacities of our positions with VSR, to concentrate on and be compensated only by results of the Panamorph program until the development program is complete.

Ok now I read this as, Shawn puts together VSR but doesn't make himself CEO?!? Then two other guys who know Shawn join VSR. After evaluating the whole Panamoph debacle they have decided to forget the other stuff they were doing, and try to reincarnate a failing project and only get paid from those proceeds?!?

Has anybody ever got an email from Paul W James, or Tim M Knittel? Are these people real?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Tryg,

How about summarizing as follows:

Shawn works the same "magic" on his investors and business partners - that he does with Panamorph

buyers.

Q.E.D.

G.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just starting to re-read some of this stuff and laughing....hard.

I mean, how does he come up with this stuff?

November, 2000

It is concluded that the mirror system would be difficult to manufacture consistently without more specialized equipment and that a smaller type of product is necessary to justify larger sales. A new approach is developed by Shawn Kelly using proprietary prism-based optics. To support further development, the intellectual property is transferred to Panamorph, Inc. with a license back to Cygnus Imaging for the development phase. A demonstration of the technology is performed at AV Science in Rochester, NY after presenting simulation performance data to the forum.

1. smaller product = larger sales?!?

2. proprietary prism. must not be proprietary to him cause it's been used before.

3. Panamorph Inc. first I've heard of that. Why would you incorporate a single product? um...smokescreen

4. "simulation performance data" what does that mean?!?

We have got to get this guy on Saturday Night Live!!! I can't stop laughing.

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Let's just hope that Panamorph, Inc. doesn't pull the license out from under Cygnus Imaging and VISR.

Just how many companies are involved in this?

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's good Mark.:p

Wow what a difference a night makes. I wake up today find out about the mysterious HP-Roman-AP who knows all kinds of juicy insider stuff.

The honorarble Jeff Lemke meets with Shawn and teases us by saying "Hey hey hey, I got information, but not gonna give it to you now" probably has to be run past the Colonel for public approval.

The infamous tkply turns out to be Tim M Knittle the "Director" of marketing for VSR. The beautiful thing about this is in his first public appearance he decides it would be a good idea to get onto this forum and start telling all their customers what sniveling idiots they are?!? oooh thats good.

I'm gonna go get some coffee. I'll be back to learn more...

HP-Roman-AP, work your magic.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tryg
The beautiful thing about this is in his first public appearance he decides it would be a good idea to get onto this forum and start telling all their customers what sniveling idiots they are?!? oooh thats good.
ROTFLMAO!

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
I'm instituting a charge back action. Does anyone have a copy of that Cygnus delivery schedule page before they pulled it?

Thanks!

Dan Houck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.