AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Er, I guess I've already ordered, but I am ready to sign on to the "accelerated delivery" program to pay $360 more for something I bought over a year ago. Yes, I am being a little sarcastic. Sorry, I can't help myself.

But, seriously, I was considering doing the $360 COD thing to get one of the Panamorpsh already in existence at Don Michael's machine shop. Shawn, through Jeff Lemke, had led me to believe that they were ready to go, and that my $360 would cover his cost to Don Michael, enabling him to ship me one right away.

Problem is, the language on the Cygnus web order page, along with Shawn/Cygnus/VISR's continued failure to communicate, makes me think that the whole machine shop thing is a ruse. I believe Don Michael has them. But I don't believe that Shawn can get one released for me by paying Don Michael $360, which is what Shawn has led me to believe.

If Don Michael will release them for $360, then why will Shawn not tell us that our Panamorphs can be shipped immediately, or almost immediately? (And as others have pointed out, why is Cygnus accepting $360 credit card payments, which almost certainly will not be available to pay Don Michael to release a panamorph?)

Shawn, I feel like a sap, but amazingly I'm still willing to give you more money. But I want to hear the truth. Last week, instead of digging yourself out of a hole caused by lack of communication, I'm afraid you've only dug yourself in deeper. Please tell me it's not so. -- Herb

·
Registered
305 Posts
I joined the "accelerated delivery" program within minutes of it being posted (via credit card no less!), with the understanding this would release my unit "right away". I have yet to even get an email confirmation. If I don't hear from them soon, I will retract my order.

Jeremy

·
Registered
423 Posts
Hi, guys. Here's an idea from a sympathetic 'buy'stander.

Why doesn't one of you, or your representative, go over to the machine shop, pay Don Michael directly, and take possession of the existing Panamorphs.

Most of you would probably trust your rep with the money, rather than Shawn.

I'd also bet someone around here could figure out whatever final assembly is necessary. Shawn, relieved of Don's lien, might even assist.

I haven't sifted through all of your posts on this, so if someone else has already suggested this, sorry.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Jeremy,

Hang in there buddy. It will happen. Shawn will come through.

He has nothing on his mind right now but to get these orders out the door and move on to a forward progress, I assure you.

Chris

·
Registered
305 Posts
Okay, okay. I guess that did sound a bit harsh. I'm just nervous, because so far I think I'm the only person who payed for the "accelerated delivery" program with a credit card. I guess I was expecting an email confirming my order, or something.

Jeremy

·
Registered
170 Posts
$1760 is also how much it will cost me if I decide....

Did anyone who sent them confirmation to go with this 'service' of accelerated delivery got any word from them, some reply as when they are going to get their lens?

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I'd go ahead and order that way if I got some indication that it would be shipped right away. Right now I'm in the same situation as I am with the 235...talk talk talk...

And, no respoinse to emails

Larry

·
Registered
385 Posts
Herb, I hope you will post ASAP if you indeed get your panamorph in the very near future. I'm too chicken at this time to make a commitment.....sort of feel like a deer mesmerized by headlights at this time.

If you post is positive, I'll jump in :)

Jaime

·
Registered
170 Posts
There was some talk a few weeks ago in one thread that someone will go there to this don's shop and take some pictures of the panamorphs lying there.

What happend?

Does anyone know?

·
Registered
385 Posts
Awhile back a member had a great idea........Why don't we seek somebody, a third party, a seasoned member who lives close to the panny's and pick up a load after the appropriate moneys?

I think this would be a viable option. After all shipping fees, recovery fees etc., I really do think we can do this..........Hmmm, I live in San Antonio, TX. I'm too far! Anybody close to our panny's??

Jaime

·
Registered
305 Posts
I just had to pick myself up off the floor. Tim Knittel actually wrote me back! Said I should have my Panamorph in the next two weeks (sound familiar?). Anyway, this is a very good sign, hope they keep the communication up.

Jeremy

·
Registered
385 Posts
Jeremy, that's great news! I hope you get it soon. I know you stated you had ordered very early on the rebate deal, but, where were you on the prebuy?

I prebought the panny on Jan/2001. Do you think my chances are good to get my panny if I flopped $360 now?

Sure would like to know how far above/or below you were on the original prebuy.

Jaime

·
Registered
305 Posts
My original order was in early December 2000, which puts me about 40 from the top (according to PUDS website - which seems to be down now). Like I said earlier, I joined the "Accelerated Delivery" program within minutes of the posting.

Jeremy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.