AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

We've completed our pre-wire and are about to order our Panamorph system and masking system from Draper as well (the Eclipse masking system).

My question is this:

If we want the masking and panamorph lens system to change simultaneously, what do we require? The pre-wire includes trigger wire going to and from the PJ to the screen area, as well as back to where the receiver is going to be (Anthem AVM50).

However, do we need to order the Draper Eclipse masking system with any special controls (IR/RF, etc?)...

We'd want it all to be controlled nicely using the Philips Pronto TSU9400 remote that we'll be using.

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,220 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr123 /forum/post/15589254

Hey guys,

We've completed our pre-wire and are about to order our Panamorph system and masking system from Draper as well (the Eclipse masking system).

My question is this:

If we want the masking and panamorph lens system to change simultaneously, what do we require? The pre-wire includes trigger wire going to and from the PJ to the screen area, as well as back to where the receiver is going to be (Anthem AVM50).

However, do we need to order the Draper Eclipse masking system with any special controls (IR/RF, etc?)...

We'd want it all to be controlled nicely using the Philips Pronto TSU9400 remote that we'll be using.

Thanks!

Sorta basic Q's if I was doing this myself:

(these may seem obvious to you, just thought off my head)

a) What device do you plan to initiate the 12v trigger?

The Projector when you select anamorphic mode? I assume so.

You have that pre-wired to feed your screen area, so the masking system should be able to sense that, I'm not sure if it's masking has multiple stops or just one closed stop (say for 1.78 or 1.33 whatever you choose) and one open stop (obviously 2.35 mode).

If your screen mask has multiple stops then you probably want to control that with your Philips Pronto TSU9400. Have you called Draper Eclipse and spoke to their tech support about what you are doing?

b) You have Cat5 or RS232 going to your PJ so you can control it by IR or RS232c protocol?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
TSU 9400 to RFX9600 can do all that you need, but other pieces need to be in place.

You need to determine what the panamorph and masking system allow for control. Do they respond to 12v, IR, RS232 etc?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The Panamorph sled has a 12V trigger in and out on the back. Wire the PJ anamorphic trigger to the sled TRIGGER IN, and the mask to the sled TRIGGER OUT. All it requires is a 3.5mm mono jack on each end, tip positive. Make sure the Draper is configured to send the mask in when voltage is high on the trigger and the sled and mask will work perfectly together.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by byellin /forum/post/15654224

The Panamorph sled has a 12V trigger in and out on the back. Wire the PJ anamorphic trigger to the sled TRIGGER IN, and the mask to the sled TRIGGER OUT. All it requires is a 3.5mm mono jack on each end, tip positive. Make sure the Draper is configured to send the mask in when voltage is high on the trigger and the sled and mask will work perfectly together.

Great, thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts