AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tim Knittel (aka TKPLY) posted his email adress on the forum last week and indicated we could contact him with questions. I emailed him last Friday and asked about getting a refund on the Panamorph I paid for in February, since I had gone another route (due to the long delay). He responded last Friday with the following message: "My goal is to have exact information on when you can expect a refund BY NEXT WEEK. I am currently sorting thru the list of pre-buys to determine in what order REFUNDS and or product will be received. I am hoping to post this on the AVS Forum next week. Keep your eyes open for more info." [Emphasis added.]

I have not received anything further from Tim, and my email last night asking for an update has not been responded to. Obviously, the VSR post said nada about refunds. Perhaps Tim is busy and will yet reply, but I thought I would post this at this point since I have not heard anything and others may be hoping for a refund also. Anybody heard from Tim lately?

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
smitty,

Actually, the page Shawn posted:

http://www.cgns.com/DevProgram.htm

does specify their refund policy:

"1. For each Panamorph unit shipped to a new audio/visual or home theater dealer, one unit

will be shipped (or a refund applied) to a pre-buy customer."

When I spoke with my credit card company - they said the merchant has 30 days to make good on a

refund. If they don't - then the CC company can act.

Greg

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Greg, I knew about Shawn's initial statement, but I found that quite unsatisfactory, and that's why I emailed Tim. I was hoping they would do better than that. Since my post last night, Tim did in fact email me and he has stated that, due to the very limited number of people requesting refunds, I should have a refund by November 30. I have to say that Tim's messages to me, and his responsiveness, have been quite impressive and do indicate a degree of professionalism that has been sorely lacking to date in the Panamorph saga. Maybe there is hope after all.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Smitty

I wouldn't hold my breath on getting that refund from Tim. I have only heard of a couple people getting their refunds from the company, and that was when things were going good. If I was you I would try going through your Bank.

I tried getting one from Shawn months ago and never got a reply. I have been working with my bank for weeks on getting my card credited and just now I am getting some results. I would keep calling your bank until you get a hold of someone who can help you.

Good Luck

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If a man gives me his word he is going to do something, I generally will take him at his word until he proves he can't be trusted. I realize that there have been many broken promises and poor communications by Shawn, but I do not have a course of dealing with Tim yet, so I am going to take him at his word. If his word is not good, then nobody will be getting squat re the Panamorph. But at this point, I believe him and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate the concern though.

P.S. Welcome to the Forum.;)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by smitty
If a man gives me his word he is going to do something, I generally will take him at his word until he proves he can't be trusted. I realize that there have been many broken promises and poor communications by Shawn, but I do not have a course of dealing with Tim yet, so I am going to take him at his word. If his word is not good, then nobody will be getting squat re the Panamorph. But at this point, I believe him and am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I appreciate the concern though.

P.S. Welcome to the Forum.;)

this is the same Tim, that posted a message pretending to be someone else and calling all you pre-buyers, babies for complaining? Ya seems like a honest and decent guy, lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.