AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I start a thread showing how many Panamorphs have been shipped so far. If you have received yours or received shipment confirmation, please post a reply. I just received confirmation that mine have just been FedEx to Singapore. Yipeee!!

dvduser8

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
received 8/13

My initial impressions:
My initial observations

All in all positive, should be wonderful for high output LCDs in particular if they can put out the right aspect ratio.

------------------

Ken Elliott

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 08-15-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kelliot (edited 08-16-2001).]

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
8/13. Have not installed yet.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
Get cracking you people and get those Pannys in action. And then report the results to the jealous masses awaiting your every word on the Panamorph Resource Thread! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Dan (jealous mass) Houck

P.S. Should have my Grayhawk up and running by Friday! Yippee! (at least until the MasterCard bill comes).

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Received 8/10

Very postive results ...

Image is brighter and has more punch. Specifically, if there is a darker scene and someone has a flashlight, the added brightness/contrast is noticably pronounced.

With my Proxima DX3 and ATI Radeon via DVI, I used to notice what I can only descrivbe as "horizontal scan-lines/artifacts" on the image, that I did not see via a VGA connection. Unchecking the aspect ratio in WinDVD and utilizing the full 1024x768 resolution, the Panamorph has eliminated these horizontal scan-lines via my DVI connection.

Distortion is "neglible" to me, and much less than I was expecting. The mounting and ergonmics of the unit are better/easier than I expected too.

- Andy

·
Registered
95 Posts
received 8-13

------------------

W.A. Easterling, Grayswan

Senior Software Engineer

·
Registered
918 Posts
Received and returned due to an oil leak. Awaiting a replacement.

Mark

------------------

JVC G1000 DILA

Stewart Greyhawk

Sony: SAT-B3, DTC-100,STR-DA777ES Receiver

Toshiba: SD-3109 DVD

Proscan 27" TV

B&W: DM601, CC6, DS6B, 800ASW speakers

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Received late July. After getting the "hang" of how it's best aligned, I loved everything about what it did to improve the image, both 1.77 and 2.35 ratios.

Chris

·
Registered
202 Posts
received tues 8/14. installed easily, but like bob, still trying to get the hang of it... keystone bugs me.

ceiling-mounted UP-1100 at 203" from 49x87" (16x9) screen.

projector lens is about 6" from ceiling and top of image is ~26" from ceiling.

[This message has been edited by packlet (edited 08-16-2001).]

·
Registered
492 Posts
For those of us still in the waiting mode, would it be possible to include an approximate order time with the notice time to give a handle on when those farther down the list might expect it

Thanks in advance

Michael

------------------

tuckerdog

·
Registered
760 Posts
Received today 8/16.

Woohoo! Just got back from Fed Ex with my Pannie. I could not believe when I saw the word Panamorph on the tag on the box. It gave me the warm fuzzies inside, heh..

First check = two thumbs up! This thing looks very nice indeed. Professional and sleek. Noticed two small bubbles in the liquid, which I've read they absolutely won't affect performance.

Yes, the Panamorph is real! Yes, I held it in my hands much like you'd hold a newborn child. And I even beat Fed Ex's excellent 400-day service by a good 20 days! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/biggrin.gif

Off to play with this baby! Yes, the Panamorph rocks!!!

Luca

------------------

PICTURES OF MY THEATER
albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1659592&a=12715694&f=0

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.