AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think it feasible to put a Panamorph in front of each Lens to make an Anamorphioc squeeze for CRT?

That way I could use maximum Raster but still achieve a 2.35:1 Screen without having to use to little raster

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Using an anamorphic lens on each CRT could be done, but would be expensive, do they even make them in that size?

I experimented with an anamorphic mirror that seemed to work just fine and might end up cheaper. I'll be looking into it again once my room construction is done.

·
Registered
5,355 Posts
As was stated, the idea is sound, but you can't use the Panamorph U15 for sure. It is designed for the small lenses of flashlights. I looked around a little and couldn't find anything to fit the CRT lenses. Also, if you look at one of these lenses, the front of the housing is much larger than the back (PJ side), so even if you could build one, there may not be enough spacing between the CRT lenses to fit 3 of them side by side.

Dave

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Perhaps a custom made solution to mount on the front of the Electrohome, Barco 808 & NEC XG's would have value to memebers in here?

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
The idea of finding an 8" anamophic len that is

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking perhaps a custom solution would be the best. If it could be manufactured & sold for $1999 I think it would be a go-er

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.