AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im surprised that an official comparison hasnt been done between these two lenses, Im still debating whether to go the constant height route and these two lenses always seem to come up, my problem is though that my projector is about 12.5 feet from the screen, im afraid that thats too close for the panamorph UH380, will the ISCO III be better at that distance because it has a large aperature and isnt prism based? would like some insight from people who have experience with these two lenses, I really dont want to move the projector if I dont have to

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Funlvr1965,

What size is the screen (w x h)?

Mark

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only screen right now is 110" diagonal,, and in my other thread im looking for answers as to how large should a 2:35 screen be from a viewing distance of 14ft , would really like to know which is really the better lens to use and why, I keep trying to justify the panamorph as a cost effective measure but I keep hearing about the set it and forget it, last lens you will need Isco III which is much more expensive, about the price of current 1080p projectors

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
Had a quick play with a Da-Lite screen software and it says that 110" dia is about 54" vertical.

Take 54" x 2.37 and you get a screen width of almost 128" wide, which is a big ass screen.

So I have to assume that your filling your current 16:9 screen at the said 14 feet, but how much zoom are you using to do so? The more you zoom, the larger the beam becomes, the steeper the angles become (CA increases etc) and there is a point where the beam will actually be too big to fit the lens...

based on your posted info, your TR is about 1.75 so you should be OK with most of the adaptors out there...

Mark

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok Mark so are you saying that in a constant height setup you want to use as little zoom as possible to avoid ca or other geometrical artifacts?

·
Registered
8,958 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by funlvr1965 /forum/post/0

ok Mark so are you saying that in a constant height setup you want to use as little zoom as possible to avoid ca or other geometrical artifacts?

Correct, but on your other thread I worked out what looks to be a TR of 1.75 at your current image size, so you should be fine.

Except suggestions have been made against a CIH for you
based on your current screen size...

Mark

·
Banned
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol its all good you cant pick and choose when you ask for help so all ideas and comments are welcome

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.