Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Again!

Just a quick clarification with regard to a recent posting from Mark Peterson. No, I can assure you the upgraded Panamorphs will not be "used" units. I understand the immediate need to be cynical with regard to this issue, but c'mon guys ya' gotta show a little faith! :)

Hang in guys, sunny days are coming!

Tim Knittel
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Tim,

I was put off from the COD plan by a couple of terms.

Would it be possible to just upgrade to the PRO model, without accepting your unit FOB your shipping point and without putting my info on a non-secure site?

The "FOB at your site" term may have bothered me more than it should, but I just don't understand why it would be FOB your shipping point, when shipping is included, unless in the case of a leaking Panamorph, you were going to leave it up to us to collect insurance from the carrier you selected and arranged insurance through.

It is not my first impulse to believe that is what you meant, but that is what it says to me. No reply to the questions only makes me wonder more.

There have been long threads about Fed-Ex, for example, not honoring insurance in excess of $500, even when they accepted payment for it.

Other than that, I would have participated in the COD. I would like to get my lens.

In a related issue, will the 561 have a PRO version??? I think that I remember Shawn saying that the non-linearity issues in the 1.33 version would be exaggerated in a 2.35 version. That is the lens that I am really holding out for.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
668 Posts
Doug,

Actually, the 561 model is better than the 752 in terms of linearity so IMO I don't think the "pro" version would be a nessessity at all for this lens. It does, however, have more exaggerated barrel distortion than the 752, masking helps to make this a non-issue for me. I, too, am eager to get this one in my theater.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for clearing up that part of it.

The linearity will be better, in a 561, but the barrel distortion will be more pronounced.

I must have generalized the part about barrel distortion to linearity.

From the short time I had a leaking Panamorph, with only a few small areas free of oil, I think that I could probably mask for the barrel distortion and be happy with the net improvement.

Thanks again,

Doug

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Sorry for the sarcasm in my post, I just finished watching a marathon of x-files episodes :rolleyes:

So does this mean I get bumped to the bottom of the Pannie shipping list? :eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No "bumps" Mark! :) You're OK. Believe me, I can relate to sarcasm given the past performance(s) with this project. Let's face it: at this point, nothing but a "lens in your hands" will do. That's certainly fair enough! :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oops, one more thing. "Shodoug", if you can please e-mail me personally I'll see if I can't address your concerns and offer you an exceptable solution. I understand your hesitation but I'm confident I can help you.

Thank You Sir!

Tim Knittel
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
My God! We've got real communication going on here. :)

Tim, I'm confused. Will You be shipping 752s or some earlier model to prebuys?

Dan

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Cool, thanks Tim.

I'm in the process of remodeling my home theater and if I get a Pannie before the end of the month even for an extra $360 I will be a happy camper. Let's all hope that we're in the "epilogue" portion of the Panamorph saga.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Tim

Will you be notifying us when you start to ship with an expected ship date and how do you want the the cod check made out as to payee?

Earl

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dan,

No, ALL prebuyers will be receiving the P752 lens. I understand there's a huge market for "used" Panamorph's in the Himalayans so I'm going to check into that! (Just kidding!) :)

Tim Knittel
[email protected]

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Tim:

It's great that you're communicating with us!

I'm more interested in your response to Earl's question than Dan's, though.

So, if you've got a sec...

- Dave

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oops, forgot something again. (Why do I always do that?)

Earl, yes you will be notified (as will everyone) of the ship dates. In fact, I'm hoping to post a schedule sometime next week. I don't believe I've received any objections to posting people's names on the forum but please, if you don't want your name posted just send me a private e-mail and I'll pass along the info that way. To Shodoug, thanks for the e-mail. I'm working on getting you some answers right now with regard to your shipping concerns. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sure we can come up with something suitable for you as well as the rest of the folks. I'll share what Doug & I have been discussing once I get it resolved. That way everyone will be on the same page. What a neat idea, huh? :)

Everyone have a great weekend and look for more updates early next week. Is it Happy Hour yet? ;)

Thanks Guys!

Tim Knittel
[email protected]

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.