Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All!

Just a quick update to keep all of you informed as to our progress with regard to the Panamorph Prebuyers.

I have responded personally to many of you but it's important that all interested folks have the same information. Our goal at this point is to have 95% of the backorders satisfied by Nov. 30th, with the remainder completed by Dec. 15th. Refunds will be included in this plan as well. It's an aggressive goal but we feel very confident we can meet these schedules.

I realize that many of you would like a firm ship date today and you can be sure nothing will make me happier than to notify you of a concrete date. However, it's very important that I be absolutely sure before I make such a statement and it would be slightly premature to do so today.

We have had a tremendous response to the C.O.D program and we thank each and every one of you for your support. We realize that this program doesn't necessarily meet with every person's satisfaction but after exhausting all other avenues it became obvious there wasn't many alternatives available. We have suppliers working TODAY on producing product as quick as possible and we are confident the schedule will be met.

Some of you have had questions regarding shipping costs and does the 360.00 include shipping costs? Yes, shipping costs are covered under the 360.00 COD Program. In additon, I have received a tremendous amount of COD orders off the web site but it's virtually impossible to respond to each one individually. Many of you just want to make sure we have received them and would like a confirmation. To make it easier for all, I'd like to consider posting the names of all those who have sent in the COD Order Forms. If you have sent an order form but don't see your name listed you can contact me directly. I hesitate listing anyone's name without their permission so please let me know if you are opposed to this scenario. I will hold off on this until I get the forum's opinion.

Once again, for those who aren't sure where to go to get updated information please do not hesitate to contact me: [email protected] and I will update you as quickly as possible. If anyone feels neglected or feels that I haven't responded quickly enough, I truly apologize. I want each of you to know I am working as quick as possible to take care of you and the best way I know is to get you your orders as soon as possible!

In closing, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the many folks (you know who you are) for their kind words and supportive e-mails. Your patience and understanding have been put to quite a test and, as always, it is greatly appreciated. I will provide additonal updates as soon as new information becomes available.

Warmest Regards,

Tim Knittel
[email protected]

·
Registered
719 Posts
Sounds great! :) :) :) :)

Quote:
Our goal at this point is to have 95% of the backorders satisfied by Nov. 30th, with the remainder completed by Dec. 15th
I assume you are not refering only to the new COD guys, but all of the orders. Is this the case?

Please comment on the 2.35:1 model as well.

Thank you for the update. How do I know that you have my shipping address? I have received no confirmation of order since I preordered last August.

Thanks again-

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Without any comments about the progress (and even that sounds encouraging) but the golden item here is that the update is posted...

Well done and keep this up... I think with a little communication the forum will give you the benefit of the doubt to get this off the ground...

Good luck

·
Registered
574 Posts
I'm very interested to know as well whether the proposed dates will be including all prebuy customers or only COD prebuy customers?

Thanks, Brian

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
There have already been several lists of Panamorph buyers on this forum, so I wouldn't think another one would be objectionable. The only difference between this list and the others is that this is the list of the really, *really* gullible buyers lol. j/k of course... and yes, I paid the $360 and will be on the list, but no I don't want to buy a bridge in brooklyn :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I think it's safe to assume only prebuy COD'ers will get their panamorphs. Otherwise, why would anyone participate in the COD prebuy? I'm not particularly interested in subsidizing your panamorph. Frankly, I'm not that thrilled about subsidizing my own.

However, it's an interesting question..what happens to those not participating in the COD program? Do those not participating receive an immediate refund?

--Les

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Has anyone noticed that Cygnus/VSR don't like to answer loaded questions?

Here is the one that I wanted answered.

Come the middle of next year, Cygnus will either refund the $360 to the customer or upgrade the customer's panamorph to the "pro" version. Will the choice be up to the Customer or Cygnus/VSR? It isn't a hard question

-Mr. Wigggles

·
Registered
574 Posts
Quote:
However, it's an interesting question..what happens to those not participating in the COD program? Do those not participating receive an immediate refund?
I don't think that those people not participating in the COD want a refund. I for one, am not a COD prebuy customer, just a 2nd wave original prebuy (which for me is quite enough). So, if those who have forked out extra cash get the Panamorph a little faster than I, so be it. However, I still want my Panamorph just as badly as any of you, I just can't afford to send them any more money. I need a wife when all of this is over, as well as a Panamorph.

I think I'll add that I received an email from Tim within minutes of sending one to him today. He said,
Quote:
Yes, the ADO Program participants will be the first to receive product but it won't prevent you from getting yours. It just becomes a situation of creating a "batting order" and who gets what and when. I don't want to promise anything today because we are working on some very exciting developments as I write this so I would safely assume that you will receive your product by Dec.15th, with the obvious goal being even sooner.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by brian_vh

I need a wife when all of this is over, as well as a Panamorph.
Every time I boot my HTPC I bow my head in thanks to my parents' genes or rearing that I am gay. Men just seem to understand the true fun in the tweaks and upgrades. Oh, and I don't have to be obsessed with Leeloo either -- I can audition equipment with any number of movies. :)

chris vandemore

·
Registered
305 Posts
MMMMMMmmmmmmm..... Leeloo...

MMMMMMmmmmmmm..... Wife...

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
re: "Come the middle of next year, Cygnus will either refund the $360 to the customer or upgrade the customer's panamorph to the "pro" version."

So now we know where the supply of Panamorphs are coming from for those buyers who aren't participating in the $360 program... Could it be in the form of used Panamorphs that are being replaced by the "pro" version?

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Wow! What a wicked conspiracist, Mr. Peterson.

...or what excellent detective work :D.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Used Panamorphs? Wow, we're talkin' used Panamorphs now?

Now that's an advancement! :D

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.