AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a panamorph from Tom Strade and am looking to share it with fellow AVS mmeners in the Vancouver Area. if anyone is interested in seeing it in action this long weekend, please let me know.

Thanks Tom, I hope things are looking up for you.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Please let us know what PJ you are mating it to ?? What is the PJ's offset angle or drop ?? Are you seeing a distortion free image in light of the current problems off axis projectors seem to be generating...

If at all possible please shoot some pics with convergence grids... This is what we need more people to comment on what works 100%, what doesn't work and what's livable..

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
As to what works and what doesn't, well that's what I am trying to work out with the image offset thread... I am also trying to work out if fixes are possible with the lens shift thread but really this is something that I think Shawn has far more power to solve than us...

So far on axis projectors are supposed to be fine (although I am at a loss as to why they are perfect I suspect it is more a case of the distortion is negligible... I am eagerly awaiting Alans pics to confirm) and projectors with only a very minor image shift are usable but even something as negligible as the DWIN (4-6 inch offset on a 120 inch diagonal 96 inch width screen) are producing this non linear compression and having to compromise with a less than 1.78 compression...

Even though I have been crying out for anyone with DILA's or other edge aligned projectors to post pics so far no one has been able to do this... This very fact has got me wondering if edge aligned projector owners are looking at convergence patterns and spotting something that they had missed earlier...

I also am one that believes this has far less impact on the video or film image than it does with the convergence patterns but lets face it this should have been picked up in testing...

------------------
New email [email protected]
HTPC without using windows... GUI Front Ends for Home Theater

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phat:

I will give this a try. I have a dukane 9000 (D-ILA JVC G-10 Clone). But do not have a permenant set-up. My room is in the consturction phase. But I will tske some pics a white wall. I think Klutzo was interested too.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Luckily, I don't think Andrew has a projector yet. I think he is asking to bring is Panamorph somewhere to have a look. Andrew?

It would be nice to know what the projector he does get to see it on looks like using the convergence test patterns. If you can snap some digital pics it would be very beneficial to all those that bought the Panny.

Phat, is there a summary of what projectors verifiably work versus which ones don't? I seen your poll in another thread and wonder if we should have a smarry posted soon so that folks aren't confused as to the scope of the problem.

Regards,

Tom

------------------

Tom Strade

Immersive, Inc. www.immersiveinc.com

[This message has been edited by Tom Strade (edited 08-31-2001).]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.