AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it seems that there has been a wrench thrown into the gears with the recent change of panamorph manufacturing to solve the oil leakage problem......now I hear the Bladder (for lack of a better word) is being crimped as apposed to bolted. I think this change qualifies for an update on the PANAMORPH UPDATE WEBSITE. How about it Shawn? How about an update on what's up now.

Jaime

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
They are shipping.

I posted this over in the HDTV forum but thought that it might make more sense to those who have followed the saga here...

I heard that the real reason for the Panamorph delays was so that it can be fitted with a special DVI goo. It smears the image when the CGMS, Macrovision, or Constrained Image flags are present. Unfortunately, during initial shipments, some of the goo leaked out prematurely and was discovered by the consumer. The MPAA was said to be furious and demanded that the faulty units be replaced with a new "diaphragm" design. The diaphragm expands to cover the entire opening when the newly announced "view never" flag is enabled. These should be shipping soon... At least that's what I thought I heard http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

The button is labeled "Play", not "Pay". STOP the MPAA!

Our Silent Angels

Please visit The Manny Page!

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Man E, you heard the cleaned-up version. The real story is that the oil is actually a growth media for Nannites. When activated by the MPAA, these tiny cybernetic micro-organisms will crawl out of the projector prism on a seek-and-destroy mission targeting illegal copies of Hollywood movies.

I just bet all of you thought the Panamorph production delays were due to design and tooling changes. This was the "public consumption" cover story. The real truth is the Nannites needed to be enhanced to distinguish real MPAA logos from photocopies. This enhancement prevents clever Forum members from spoofing the "active copy protection" scheme.

For Panamorph owners who are worried about Nannite activity in their video collection, or even those members who wish to guard against the possibility of defective Nannites consuming legitimate MPAA-approved DVD movies, I currently am in the final development stages of a new Nannite counter-measure product. This is expected to sell for $500 and is strongly reccomended for all Panamorph owners.

Contest announcement: One free container of Anti-Nannites (sufficient to protect a 500-DVD colllection) for the AVS Forum member who suggests the best name for this product.

Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.