· Registered
4,991 Posts
YGPM.

· Banned
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry guys.

Thanks for the PMs.

I am looking for the U100 bracket mount version of the Panamorph, which is slightly different than the U15.

Thanks anyway.

cheers

RJ

· Registered
4,070 Posts
What is the major difference between the U15 and U100 besides price? Better optics? I've read somewhere the coatings are better and light scatter less.

I currently have a liquid filled Panamorph. Planning on upgrading to a better lens as part of an overhaul of my projector system next year.

Dan

· Banned
8,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by DanHouck
What is the major difference between the U15 and U100 besides price? Better optics? I've read somewhere the coatings are better and light scatter less.

I currently have a liquid filled Panamorph. Planning on upgrading to a better lens as part of an overhaul of my projector system next year.

Dan
Hi Dan....

I don't know the specific differences, but Shawn of Panamorph has told me the U100 is the highest quality lens they offer. I would imagine the differences involve overall lens focus/clarity and surface coatings.

The U15 was designed to offer a price competitive alternative to the Optimorph, and is said to surpass the Optimorph in performance. So the U15 at the AVS powerbuy price, was/is a very good deal as compared to the alternative.

My only mistake was selling my original U100 at a price way below what it will cost to be replaced with a new unit. Dumb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.