Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I did a search and could not find any topics in the forum about new 1080p plasma by Panasonic.

Here is an excerpt from theaterathome.blogspot.com
"Panasonic will announce on Thursday its plans on new 1080p plasma display. Current information suggests that company is going to start a worldwide marketing at the end of this year. This is the first 1080p (1920x1080) full resolution high-def plasma from Panasonic and I believe the first one to be available for mass market. The initial price is set to ~2.07 million yen (a bit more than US $18000) with continuous drop in price."
Anyone has any more info on this ?

Cheers,

-B

·
Registered
15,358 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble
Hey,

I did a search and could not find any topics in the forum about new 1080p plasma by Panasonic.

Here is an excerpt from theaterathome.blogspot.com
"Panasonic will announce on Thursday its plans on new 1080p plasma display. Current information suggests that company is going to start a worldwide marketing at the end of this year. This is the first 1080p (1920x1080) full resolution high-def plasma from Panasonic and I believe the first one to be available for mass market. The initial price is set to ~2.7 million yen (a bit more than US $18000) with continuous drop in price."
Anyone has any more info on this ?

Cheers,

-B
Actually, it's purported Panasonic is shooting for a price of less than 1 million yen around year's end.

See this article here

And check out the ongoing thread on the 1080p Panasonic. Estimates are around $9,000. You can imagine why many of us are excited.

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I want to know what you searched on that came up empty. Seems like the search here is having serious trouble if that's true.

The discussion in the other threads has been detailed and many posts contain Panasonic and 1080p.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by R Harkness
Actually, it's purported Panasonic is shooting for a price of less than 1 million yen around year's end.

See this article here

And check out the ongoing thread on the 1080p Panasonic. Estimates are around $9,000. You can imagine why many of us are excited.
Yes they are going to 1 million but, as I understand, initial price will be 2 mil. $9000 for a 65" - isn't that awseome.

I did search for Panasonic and 1080p, "Panasonic 1080p", plasma 1080p - nothing that is relevant. Most results are about 1080p output

the only thread that i have found is this without any concrete info

Cheers,

-B

·
Banned
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubble
Yes they are going to 1 million but, as I understand, initial price will be 2 mil. $9000 for a 65" - isn't that awseome.

I did search for Panasonic and 1080p, "Panasonic 1080p", plasma 1080p - nothing that is relevant. Most results are about 1080p output

the only thread that i have found is this without any concrete info

Cheers,

-B
if you put words Panasonic 1080p into the forum's search engine, you will get the main thread on the topic on the first page of the hit-list.

Mod - please merge this thread - not only is it unnecessary, but also likely mis-informing as to the expected price of the 1080p Panny.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Nine grand or eighteen grand , pick either number it is still a lot of dough. Tough to compete even though it is plasma with 60" Sony SXRD XBR which will have a transaction price of less than half the nine grand tag. If the tag on the Panny really is eighteen grand they wont sell any quantity , it'll be a less than 1 percenter item. Start at nine and come down quickly and it's a different story only time will tell look forward to seeing the 'official' Panny USA announcement.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.