AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok... Hung from the ceiling with care (probably should have done that last, but oh well), it is time to get my new toy running.

got the pj on fleabay and trying to get it going. couple of problems. the delta 144s seem to be too small (much smaller than the lenses on my sony 1270) and i am not even getting close to focus.

i have not tried static focus... that's next (and has me wishing i had tried this before mounting on the ceiling).

any suggestions out there?

does anyone have the complete manual (for some reason, http://www.sweetwilliampress.com/Panasonic1085.zip won't load for me).

thanks,

jack

colorado springs, co

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
they went and stuck the focus pots down under a tube... is there any thing i should not be touching nearby that anyone can see.

thanks

·
Registered
390 Posts
What's your screen size/throw distance?

Open the side panel next to focus pot board so you don't have to do it "over the tube". If you can't get good focus with optical and electronical focus adjustments, it's likely that astig isn't set correctly or your tubes have some wear.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tubes were pretty good... slight shadow on the green tube, but large and evenly shaped and the other two were clean.

I have found the side panel and removed it... do you still think i should do astig before focus pots? unfortunately, i'm new to this and am more confused than i would like.

:eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
screen size will be 4-3 and 110 inches

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The static focus has almost no effect... it's almost like i have the wrong lenses on there. the hd144's are indicated for this pj aren't they?

I feel sure I'm doing something stupid wrong. just can't see where it might be.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
talk about stupid, i think the outer glass is missing from the lense... opps - that's fleabay for you. anyone have a set of lenses i can use on this beast?

thanks, jack

·
Registered
505 Posts
PM me your email address. I can email the manual.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not sure what happened, but the manual got rejected by my server for an embedded virus. you might what to give your puter a quick scan.

the alternatives don't warrent comment.

jack

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
I could use a copy of that manual myself. I've got two of these now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.