Originally Posted by mustangs1 /forum/post/18358958

102 days???

1-2 :d

·
Registered
391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit /forum/post/18354474

Oh so you actually miss-hit the '1' key on multiple occasions then? I see.

You don't have 1000 or 2000 hours clocked up on your 65" Con, because you don't own a 65.

Has someone stolen your woollen jumper?

I own what I claim but you have not answeted the question I put do you.

do you own a Panasonic plasma or are you trolling?

You don't own one troll.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryInRI /forum/post/18353850

reszound,

I don't know how it works in Australia but here in the U.S. a class action suit takes years -- sometimes upwards of 10 years -- to be settled.

Anyway, the moderators have made it clear that, in this forum, they will not allow any discussion of the details about legal action concerning this issue.

Larry

Oh, ok - I didn't realise that, thanks for letting me know.

Potentially years to wait with a lame voucher at the end - if we're lucky? So basically we're all screwed...

Oh well, I guess one consolation for me is that even with beautiful HD "infinite" greys, my 50G10 is still a darn sight better than the 80cm Teac crt it replaced - its greys were only in SD

·
Banned
215 Posts
- its greys were only in SD
[/quote]

I might be dense when it comes to this statement, but if you have greys in SD I think think this should/could be depending on the source material. My SD has a lot of grey in comparsion to my deep blacks on HD. I use my dark leveling setting to crush the greys on SD and don't notice too much shadow detail missing.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by con219 /forum/post/18359342

Has someone stolen your woollen jumper?

I own what I claim but you have not answeted the question I put do you.

do you own a Panasonic plasma or are you trolling?

You don't own one troll.

If you had bothered to read this thread instead of trying to subvert it and mislead the good folks here with your blatantly dishonest conduct, you'd see I've already added pictures of my 50" V10.

You'd also have easily found them by clicking on my name and selecting 'View more posts by....'

Stop trying to deflect the fact that your whole premise for entering this thread is based on a lie. You've been caught, the gig is up. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What makes everyone so confident that the 2011 panasonic's will be 'fixed' with respect to this MLL drive issue? I'm all for waiting for something, but has Panasonic actually talked about it being really fixed in 2011?

·
Registered
557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred69 /forum/post/18359663

What makes everyone so confident that the 2011 panasonic's will be 'fixed' with respect to this MLL drive issue? I'm all for waiting for something, but has Panasonic actually talked about it being really fixed in 2011?

D-Nice has dropped hints i think

·
Banned
215 Posts
I think most of the spectulation would be from D-Nice's statement and panny fully implementing the kuro tech. If the latter takes place their is a lot to be confidient about

·
Banned
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangs1 /forum/post/18359719

What's wrong with him? I;m not seeing anything. Just really technical, no BS answers.

A lot of people from Europe and other countries are having a hard time accepting what has been uncovered here in the states. I'm suprised they're not attacking Orta.

They probably can't see the rise in blacks (like myself) and assume it's all BS.

·
Registered
954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panaman88 /forum/post/18359816

A lot of people from Europe and other countries are having a hard time accepting what has been uncovered here in the states. I'm suprised they're not attacking Orta.

They probably can't see the rise in blacks (like myself) and assume it's all BS.

Don't want to speak for that guy, but that's prob it. I wish I didn't notice it too

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenland /forum/post/18357153

It is all of them. Some people just do not notice the change. Some people are very observant, while others would not notice a Hippo sitting on their lap. Pay no attention to people who say that they noticed no difference. Only measurements, taking by people who know what they are doing count.

Thanks. But I would think in the end it's the eye that matters most to the end user. If they don't notice it, then I doubt they would be concerned about MLL readings.
Unfortunately I would be one of the ones that would notice it, but, luckily I got the G15 for my Dad.

·
Banned
215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audiotitis /forum/post/18358684

Was it in a moderately dark room ? CRT's wash out in light easily. I do not think the blacks of a CRT change over time. Or at least over several years.

Audiotitis, I definitely need to re-evaluate my findings. Tomorrow, I might be picking up a 36in trinitron for 1 benijamin so it will be interesting to see how it compares to my plasma. I had a high-end Sony a few years back but the picture tube developed a blue spot in the top left corner after 6 months use.

·
Registered
43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinklefree /forum/post/18358841

Thats correct they were talking about ftL, or the peak white level brightness.

Here's some highlights of the podcast:

1. Josh says any decent Plasma manufacturer makes some kind of adjustments over time to compensate for picture wear.

2. ISF did a long term test with certain plasma sets (didnt say when) and found contrast ratio actually increased with age, as blacks got blacker.

3. He theorizes someone goofed at Panasonic but then brings up an interesting point. If certain components get swapped, typically some kind of counter needs to be "reset" or set so the components work in time sync together. Josh wonders how this is being dealt with at Panasonic.

The Pioneer service menu specifically states procedures on how to do this when certain parts are replaced. I wonder if the same goes for Panny's.

Anyway you should be able to download the podcast in 1-2 days at http://twit.tv

Thanks for the summary.

The component swap point is very interesting. I wonder if a calibration problem has been low level coded in to the 12g sets. If so then is there any chance of a firmware fix?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Question for D-Nice or other Calibrator

Given the Statement here from Panasonic UK, can you please confirm that altering the RGB would in fact cause this issue (not that I did) I'm just wondering if this is a double bluff!....I'm starting to get paranoid!

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

In response, we are in a position to inform you that the investigation on your television has been completed by our Manufacturing Division in the Czech Republic.

I would clarify that the product was found to be operating correctly to within specification. However, our investigations found that there had been some adjustments made to the television, resulting in the RGB values being higher than normal. As a consequence, the picture had been made brighter, causing the low black level that you had experienced.

We would be grateful if you would kindly confirm whether you have made this adjustment or indeed arranged this via another party.

The appropriate corrections have now been made on the settings of the television and we would like to arrange for your television to be returned to you and at the same time collect our loan unit. We will be in contact with you directly to make the necessary arrangements in the near future.

We can also confirm that your set was in the same physical condition as we originally received it. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience whilst this investigation was completed and trust that the above findings will help to clarify your enquiry.

·
Registered
391 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit /forum/post/18359660

If you had bothered to read this thread instead of trying to subvert it and mislead the good folks here with your blatantly dishonest conduct, you'd see I've already added pictures of my 50" V10.

You'd also have easily found them by clicking on my name and selecting 'View more posts by....'

Stop trying to deflect the fact that your whole premise for entering this thread is based on a lie. You've been caught, the gig is up. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I'm almost tempted to post pics of my display.

But it really is mind over matter.

I don't mind that your opinion doesn't matter

·
Registered
244 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulr2006 /forum/post/18361281

Question for D-Nice or other Calibrator

Given the Statement here from Panasonic UK, can you please confirm that altering the RGB would in fact cause this issue (not that I did) I'm just wondering if this is a double bluff!....I'm starting to get paranoid!

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.

In response, we are in a position to inform you that the investigation on your television has been completed by our Manufacturing Division in the Czech Republic.

I would clarify that the product was found to be operating correctly to within specification. However, our investigations found that there had been some adjustments made to the television, resulting in the RGB values being higher than normal. As a consequence, the picture had been made brighter, causing the low black level that you had experienced.

We would be grateful if you would kindly confirm whether you have made this adjustment or indeed arranged this via another party.

The appropriate corrections have now been made on the settings of the television and we would like to arrange for your television to be returned to you and at the same time collect our loan unit. We will be in contact with you directly to make the necessary arrangements in the near future.

We can also confirm that your set was in the same physical condition as we originally received it. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your patience whilst this investigation was completed and trust that the above findings will help to clarify your enquiry.

Altering the RGB values (cuts and gains for WB) in the service menu does not change the black level.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thank you for that MountainMan10, I did feel sceptical to say the least, it will be interesting to see what the set is like upon it's return, however we will never know of course what has been done assuming (hoping) it is now fixed!

·
Registered
410 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinklefree /forum/post/18358841

3. He theorizes someone goofed at Panasonic but then brings up an interesting point. If certain components get swapped, typically some kind of counter needs to be "reset" or set so the components work in time sync together. Josh wonders how this is being dealt with at Panasonic.

The Pioneer service menu specifically states procedures on how to do this when certain parts are replaced. I wonder if the same goes for Panny's.

Anyway you should be able to download the podcast in 1-2 days at http://twit.tv

I brought this up to the Manager I talked to at Panny and they stated this wouldn't need to be done. I asked him since my Aboard was replaced, I have the highest recorded FtL. I specifically asked if the counter on the Aboard started from 0 again, but other parts of the TV still had the increased voltage, then it would start increasing even more when the hours on the Aboard started to count up again.

Why are these retards at panasonic not listening to us???

D-Nice or Anyone else,

Do you have access to a service manual? Is there a procedure for resetting something after parts are replaced?

If so I need to contact Panny and get a service guy out here to look at my V10 ASAP.

7161 - 7180 of 12014 Posts