AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,001 Posts
My question...How competitive are the PF series prices going to be? Most likely around the PZ85U prices is my guess...


Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/14292170


My question...How competitive are the PF series prices going to be? Most likely around the PZ85U prices is my guess...


Chris

I agree for the 50" - sounds about right. We aren't sure yet whether there will be a 42" PF. Or a 46" for that matter (doubtful, IMHO). And of course there is no 58" or 65" PZ85, so I expect PZ850-like pricing for those, perhaps closer to the PZ800 for the 58".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Latest word is that there will be both a TH42PF11UK and a TH58PF11UK unless somebody across the pond changes their mind...


The TH58PH10UK will be available through at least October 2008 and is still a great bang for the buck on a 720p model.


TW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniwizard /forum/post/14292718


Latest word is that there will be both a TH42PF11UK and a TH58PF11UK unless somebody across the pond changes their mind...


The TH58PH10UK will be available through at least October 2008 and is still a great bang for the buck on a 720p model.


TW

Thanks for the update, TW.


Any word on a 46" PF? It seems doubtful, but I suppose if they see a market for it, they'll do it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,948 Posts
Does "UK" mean it is a British only model? Or is that just a concidence and it will be available in the US also?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmith901 /forum/post/14292885


Does "UK" mean it is a British only model? Or is that just a concidence and it will be available in the US also?

The US commercial models have been called "UK" since the 8th generation now, so no.


U = US

K = Black (Kuro)


E = Europe, so their models are actual called "EK"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts
Some observations from the brochure:


- 11UK models now support custom text output controlled via the serial port. This would in theory allow someone to design a custom HTPC-driven UI for the display that can be displayed over any input, though it would be somewhat rudimentary due to the text-only nature.


- The new DVI board adds little. The 9 series DVI board gained support for [email protected]/25/30Hz as of the 10 series PF models last year (previously, for the 9 series PF models, it only supported 1080p/60), so the only new thing is support for a 1920x1080 PC signal, but most video cards could already support an AV 1080p/60 signal anyway. Also, it appears that the 9 series DVI board now works in the new 11UK PH models (previously it was PF only).


- There is still a 37" hospitality model for this generation so for those in the US needing a 37" you can still get one. However, I have no idea where you'd get one online. They probably aren't easy to come by and you'd probably end up paying MSRP making it a very cost-ineffective solution. Also, the hospitality models have a bottom speaker so they are not particularly low profile.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,307 Posts
Also, i was looking at the user manual for the new 11UK series and it appears that they now have the ability to stretch and zoom a 720p and 1080i signal - a function that has been unavailable on previous Pro models. They've also added a few more stretch modes but i can't remember if they showed them available for the above signals, or if it's a PC thing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Sorry, not even a hint of a Pro 46".


Although the 10 series added 1080p 24 support, I don't think the 9 series DVI board would pass it, hence the series 11 DVI board now with 1080p 24.


AFAIK, the new stretch modes work on all HD signals on all HD inputs.


TW
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techniwizard /forum/post/14294127


Although the 10 series added 1080p 24 support, I don't think the 9 series DVI board would pass it, hence the series 11 DVI board now with 1080p 24.

Could be, TW, but both the new brochure and the late 10 series brochure from last year list 1080p/24/25/30 as supported signals for the 9 series DVI board. Could they both contain misprints? I suppose it's possible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel
Could be, TW, but both the new brochure and the late 10 series brochure from last year list 1080p/24/25/30 as supported signals for the 9 series DVI board. Could they both contain misprints? I suppose it's possible.
Hmmm, quick check shows you are correct on the brochures.

I usually just check the spec sheet (attached).


Never fed 24p into the 9-DVI (on a 10PFUK) so I can't say for sure, anyone out there can confirm ?


TW

 

TY-FB9FDD.pdf 135.994140625k . file
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
355 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters /forum/post/14293678


Also, i was looking at the user manual for the new 11UK series and it appears that they now have the ability to stretch and zoom a 720p and 1080i signal - a function that has been unavailable on previous Pro models. They've also added a few more stretch modes but i can't remember if they showed them available for the above signals, or if it's a PC thing.
believe TW mentioned this in the other thread and is the main reason I am considering the 50 for upstairs and the 42 for the bedroom.


Not sure how I feel about the new bezel yet
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
29,810 Posts
Contrast ratios do not mean to much, as there is no set standard of measurment........don't dig to deep into it.


To bad there is no 58" 1080P display again.


One thing I just thought about, monitors sure do not get the "love" they used too.......
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top