AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 2818 Posts

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanC /forum/post/12709032

Thank god. I can finally watch YouTube videos filmed with cell phones on my $4k 1080p plasma without even using my HTPC. No thanks.

Dont hate

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

Quote:

Thank god. I can finally watch YouTube videos filmed with cell phones on my $4k 1080p plasma without even using my HTPC. No thanks.

lololol

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Agreed.. whats the point..

Quote:

·
Registered
20 Posts
this is sweet news! i just got the 42px75u a month ago and have been really happy with it.

by the time these 08 models come out...

ill have saved by summer to get a 46in or 50in model and throw my current 42 in the bdrm.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemental1 /forum/post/12708415

46"...interesting.

Very interesting I have a Panny 47 RPTV, I am limited in room, I could get away with getting a 50 inch plasma, but 46 is perfect for my setup. Again I am a big Panny fan, with the new Panny BD50 BR player and the new Panny 46 Plasma I cannot go wrong this year. Thanks Panasonic, this is why I love you so much "You give the customer what they want"

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
In terms of aesthetics, gotta wonder what "speakers hidden in front" means. Personally, I think the current lineup is much too bulky looking compared to the sleeker pioneers and especially sleek panasonic industrial models. Hopefully this new lineup will move more in that direction...looks much nicer especially if wall mounting.

In terms of picture quality, gotta love it that the 30,000 contrast is listed as NATIVE rather than dynamic. This may make it very competitive with the Kuros...we shall see.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by arthurvino /forum/post/12709225

Agreed.. whats the point..

I think streaming video/images is the point.

YouTube is just an example,albeit a poor one.

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 /forum/post/12709600

ohhh wowww....im liking that design! ^^^^

I am so glad I held off buying a 700 or 750, the 46 inch is just the ticket for me. The design looks great,the best Panny has ever put out.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
I also think the 46" screen size is a nice option. This gives them a better range of sizes with 42", 46", 50" for most people and 58" for those who want to go big. I don't see a 65" in the press release, so I guess they are keeping that as a separate product line with a different product update schedule. I have a 3 year old 42" TH-42PHD7UY and want to step up sometime in 2008. I will probably go to 50", but a 46" size would be easier to physically handle and set up. I will be looking forward to seeing the detailed specs, MSRP prices, and these models in person when they are released.

·
Registered
18,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedro2 /forum/post/12709384

In terms of aesthetics, gotta wonder what "speakers hidden in front" means. Personally, I think the current lineup is much too bulky looking compared to the sleeker pioneers and especially sleek panasonic industrial models.

It means hidden like the 700 series.
Quote:
In terms of picture quality, gotta love it that the 30,000 contrast is listed as NATIVE rather than dynamic. This may make it very competitive with the Kuros...we shall see.

Speaking only of the 800/850 series, they incorporate a new substrate glass formation and moving the MgO layer (dielectric layer) from above the cells to inside the cells. This creates much improved cell firing luminosity, cell cross talk, and does reduce power usage. This new design works just like Pioneer's crystal emissive layer.

From what I've been told, these improvement provide considerably more performance in daylight conditions. On the "theater lighting" side, the new design is less of an improvement but will place the minimum luminance level near the 0.009ftl level. The will definitely be "good enough" for the value minded customer......but it isn't 0.004ftl 1080p 8G Kuro level.....and God forbid the 9G Kuros.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I hope they can compete with the black levers of the current Pioneer Kuro lines. I just bought a 5080HD and I'm loving it, except I may have a buzzing problem and i want to see whats coming out before i return it and wait for another set.

·
Registered
2,584 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Nice /forum/post/12709734

It means hidden like the 700 series.

Speaking only of the 800/850 series, they incorporate a new substrate glass formation and moving the MgO layer (dielectric layer) from above the cells to inside the cells. This creates much improved cell firing luminosity, cell cross talk, and does reduce power usage. This new design works just like Pioneer's crystal emissive layer.

From what I've been told, these improvement provide considerably more performance in daylight conditions. On the "theater lighting" side, the new design is less of an improvement but will place the minimum luminance level near the 0.009ftl level. The will definitely be "good enough" for the value minded customer......but it isn't 0.004ftl 1080p 8G Kuro level.....and God forbid the 9G Kuros.

Hey Dnice maybe you can straighten me out here...but I thought the 5080/5010/6010 all had a .008ft/l and the elite's were .004?

Also do you have any info on the processing/scalers in these new sets?

21 - 40 of 2818 Posts