AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
icecow asked me if macrovision could be eliminated on the Panasonic combo units. Well, I didn't think it could but it looks like it can. I installed a special hack in the combo image and booted it in my PVHS2000. Sure enough the combo 2.0 software contains both replay and Panasonic code. My PVHS2000 has successfully switched macrovision on and off. I'm looking for one brave soul to install the hacked disk image in a combo to test it out. Any takers? Naturally there is risk to your recorder that I can not be responsible for. Looks good so far.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikeyboy
icecow asked me if macrovision could be eliminated on the Panasonic combo units. Well, I didn't think it could but it looks like it can. I installed a special hack in the combo image and booted it in my PVHS2000. Sure enough the combo 2.0 software contains both replay and Panasonic code. My PVHS2000 has successfully switched macrovision on and off. I'm looking for one brave soul to install the hacked disk image in a combo to test it out. Any takers? Naturally there is risk to your recorder that I can not be responsible for. Looks good so far.
Huh.. do you think that it might think it's a hs2000 and procede to update the software to 3.0?

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I connected to the replay server with my showstopper the combo software did not change. The server accepted the connection as a combo unit. So no, I don't think you can upgrade to 3.0.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
icecow said he'll try the macrovision hack in his combo unit. I'll post the result as soon as he reports back.

·
Registered
8,103 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb
What is a "combo" unit?
Its a TV and a Showstopper in one unit. It looks good but the downside is it can only upgrade to version 2.2 software because it uses software for both the showstoopper and tv parts. its a discontinued model by panasonic

put pv ss2710 in google.com if you want a look at it

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I heard from icecow. The good news is he believes macrovision is removed from his combo 2710 tv/pvr. The bad news is the hack may not be reversible.

Feel free to email me if anyone wants to try it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.