AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the BEST input method to use with this proj? is it the VGA as was the case with the ae100? or is component just as good?

any recommendations? has anyone done a test using BOTH methods and was able to tell a significant difference (there was a significant difference on the ae100, for sure).

any ideas?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
come on someone's gotta know the answer to this!

after all this IS avsforum.com, isn't it??

:)

·
Registered
513 Posts
Slateef, I probably read 99% of all the AE300/L300U threads here on the

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, that helps!

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I have a Panny L300 and here is what I have found in my first 100 hours on this pj:

Component input looks GREAT! This is what I use for my Progressive DVD player and Xbox with Hi-Def pack. The picture is beautiful.

VGA input is also great, I use it with my 9700 pro and H3D to view Bell Expressvu satellite and VHS, as well as my PS2, which I dont have a component cable for. The only drawback is the 1:1 pixel mapping. What that means is that in some resolutions, text is blurry and hard to read, and in other res it does not fill the entire panel. This leaves black borders around the picture. I have not spent a lot of time with powerstrip yet, but I hope to get down to the 3 or 4 good usable resolutions and use my remote to toggle between them. It is good to have the option of both inputs, as they both have their advantages, but neither looks better/worse IMO. I did not expect the picture to be as bright and vibrant as it is on my 106" HCCV. All the weaknesses of the AE100 have been completely resolved in this model.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Thanks Warren,

I plan on running component from DVD player into the L300, and VGA from cable STB. Glad to hear you like the VGA quality.

~ Jay

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.