Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could help me answer a few questions about a plasma a just purchased. I just set it up last night and am very pleased so far was just wondering if someone could answer the few questions I had. Thank you in advance Terry

1) If i play xbox on the plasma will it cause any problems and is there anything I should avoid?

2) What settings does everyone find the best picture from. I currently am using regular and standard temp?

3) Does the pann have some sort of screen saver for burn in protection?

4) Do I need to use couplers or ferits on the rear connections?

5) I read something about over scanning changes what does that do exactly?

6) Is it ok if I put it on a power bar and turn it of from both the power bar and unit when I am not using it

7) Is there anything else I should know about my new pann?

Thanks Again

Terry

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
2) I'd recommend you get a calibration disc such as Digital Video Essentials, Avia, or Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-Up. Settings are input and device specific and are also subject to personal preference. Search on 'Tint' and you may find some old threads where people posted their settings for the TH42PA20.

4) Since Panasonic recommends using the ferrite cores, it's probably a good idea to use them. It certainly doesn't hurt anything.

5) You can only change overscan on your display by going into the service menu. I wouldn't do this unless you have the service manual. I read a post here recently where one member seemed to mess up his display by trying to change the overscan and was having difficulty going back to the original settings. The commercial model has the overscan adjustments in user accessible menus, so what works for them may not apply entirely to the consumer models.

7) Each input (Component, S-Video, DVI, etc) will remember the video setting (Standard, Cinema, Vivid, Auto) it is set to. So you can have different values for each input. For example, I have my DVD player on the Component input and use the Cinema grouping with values that I've customized via calibration. The HD cable box is on the DVI input and uses the Vivid grouping with a different set of customized values. Standard, Cinema, and Vivid are basically just names and you can set the values to whatever you like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.