AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody! My 5 month-old Panny just has started behaving strangely. After being on for anywhere b/w 30 min. and 2 hours it switches itself off, the red standby light blinking. I cannot turn it back on with the remote- have to manually switch the power completely off and then on. And after that it's working just fine. The only recent change to my system, after which I've began experiencing this problem, is the addition of Harmony SST 768 universal remote. If anybody here has ever experienced similar problem, please help, it'll be greatly appreciated. Regards.

·
Super Moderator
21,699 Posts
do a search here for 'Panasonic shutdown issues' : this is a known issue and hopefully will be corrected quickly by Panasonic under warranty

I doubt your new remote control is the problem

·
Registered
396 Posts
please post what the manufactoring date was.

Every online place i have talked to always claim that the shutdown only affects the consumer version, but i knew i have read that it has been reported in some commercial version as well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cannot tell you the manufacturing date since it covered by a stand mount, but a purchase date is September,'03, so i would imagine it's been manufactured in July- August. Now I'm trying to locate authorized service center in my area (Philadelphia). The funny thing about panasonic website is that it says: " No service centers available in the 3000 (yes, three thousand miles) radius. Hard to believe, huh?. So far it's been very frustrating experience.

If somebody knows about the service center in Philadelphia familiar with this problem, please let me know ( I don't believe I'm the only one in Philadelphia with a shut-down bug. Later.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Independent Servicer Centers in Pennsylvania (Will service Panny Commercial Plasmas)

ELECTRONICS SERVICENTER = 13 S. 21st Street - Philadelphia - PA 19103 - (215) 564-0800

SWEENEY ELECTRONICS = 188 E. Dekalb Pike - King of Pruissia - PA 19406 - (610) 265-3488

J. RUDY ASSOCIATES = 213 Grant Av - Pittsburg - PA 15209 - (412) 821-4605

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem. Took it up to Panasonic in Secaucus just before Christmas, (made an appointment) and they fixed it while I waited, about an hour. And the folks up there were very nice too. I won't name names here, but thanks again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.