Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sony 46" HX729 LED

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching for a new TV about a month. I've been hesitant about which I should buy. I am deciding on the Panasonic plasma 42" ST30 or the Sony LED 46" HX729. I keep going back and forth between which one I want based on the issues between the two. I am bothered by the fluctuating brightness on the Panasonic plasmas (from that forum website..) and the backlight bleeding on LEDs. I haven't heard much complaints on the HX729 because I have rarely seen people who have reviewed them or own them.

I like the picture quality on both of them. However, I am drawn to the Sony's smoothness. I do have windows in my bedroom but I can close the blinds. I will use it between sports, movies, tv shows, and ps3 gaming (biggest factor).

Let me know what would be best. Poll above.

·
Registered
231 Posts
For ANY gaming on consoles.....Plasmas aren't really an option.

No....not because of burn in.......but because of double imaging.

Double imaging on plasmas only occur if you play a game that runs at 30fps (this is the most common fps level on PS3 games).

If you play a game on a plasma that runs at 60fps double imaging no longer occurs but most ps3 games only run at 30fps still even in 2011.

On lcd/led sets double imaging doesn't occur at all no matter what the fps level is.

So yeah check out the sony or you could look into the 42'' panasonic D30.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoilerJim
Wow, 268 views (so far) and only two votes. These polls always work so well.
I know right? I thought it would make it easier for those who just don't want to make a comment.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Take it from a guy who gamed on 3 Panasonic plasma sets in the last 6 or 7 years....

Get the Sony.

The sony will allow a nice detailed picture with high light output, something the plasma struggles to achieve while maintaining good performance. Plus, depending on how close you sit to the set when gaming, crisp clean graphics will be littered with spacial dithering on the plasma, as it cannot produce actual detail in shadowy areas.

The LCD is the way to go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwolf4k
Take it from a guy who gamed on 3 Panasonic plasma sets in the last 6 or 7 years....

Get the Sony.

The sony will allow a nice detailed picture with high light output, something the plasma struggles to achieve while maintaining good performance. Plus, depending on how close you sit to the set when gaming, crisp clean graphics will be littered with spacial dithering on the plasma, as it cannot produce actual detail in shadowy areas.

The LCD is the way to go.
Interesting. What do you mean by spacial dithering?

·
Registered
2,657 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Planet /forum/post/20851844

For ANY gaming on consoles.....Plasmas aren't really an option.

No....not because of burn in.......but because of double imaging.

Double imaging on plasmas only occur if you play a game that runs at 30fps (this is the most common fps level on PS3 games).

If you play a game on a plasma that runs at 60fps double imaging no longer occurs but most ps3 games only run at 30fps still even in 2011.

On lcd/led sets double imaging doesn't occur at all no matter what the fps level is.

So yeah check out the sony or you could look into the 42'' panasonic D30.

That depends completely on the TV. I game on my Pioneer and most people say its blows their LCD sets away when it comes to games. It does look pretty fantastic.

I can't say I've ever seen double imaging on my set, maybe its because I've got an XBox and not a PS3?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrenceQ /forum/post/20873656

imho, go with LED, Sony KDL-46HX729. my reason being simple - plasma produces more heat. I would not like a hot room. LED uses less energy, save some bill and go green. other than that, spec comparison and compare prices here, http://tv-compare.blogspot.com/2011/...asonic-tc.html

That's a cool comparison site.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.