AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I soon will be looking into getting a HDTV. After looking around and shopping I am looking into the 47" Panasonic or the 50" Toshiba. Both models are 16x9 RPTV's. Has anyone seen or compared these two side by side before? All the places I go to check them out have them non-converged, and display an input through the Composite or S-Video. I can't compare them like that. Actually I think the Toshiba comes out next week but have compared it with the 40". Any suggestions? I am only looking to spend up to about $2200.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ZonCom:
I soon will be looking into getting a HDTV. After looking around and shopping I am looking into the 47" Panasonic or the 50" Toshiba. Both models are 16x9 RPTV's. Has anyone seen or compared these two side by side before? All the places I go to check them out have them non-converged, and display an input through the Composite or S-Video. I can't compare them like that. Actually I think the Toshiba comes out next week but have compared it with the 40". Any suggestions? I am only looking to spend up to about $2200.
Check out http://www.***************.com - there are separate forums for both Panasonic and Toshiba. Some of the early reviews popping up on these boards indicate that the Toshiba has an edge. Apparently the Panasonic is a mess out-of-the-box. Red push and SVM problems abound. Toshiba seems to be much better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.