AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to buy this yesterday at Circuit City but they had none in stock. They told me that Panasonic was about to release the new models in about a month or so. Does anyone know if it's worth waiting? Is there going to be big difference between the different models or does it usually just stay the same?

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
I have this unit in my bedroom and I like it. Unless you know the replacement is going to add Faroudja processing or upscaling via HDMI I would look for this one on clearance. I got mine for about $80 at CompUSA on a good sale.

·
Registered
671 Posts
You might want something with a better Video D/A Converter the F87S is only 54MHz/10-bit per the website.

The S97S by comparison is 216MHz/11-bit

The Sony NC80V 5DVD changer is 108MHz/12-bit

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just found out this player is not region free when trying to play a korean movie I bought (I had overlooked this when I bought it a long time ago when researching the player).

Anyone know if there is a way to make the player region free?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Am also looking for a DVD-Changer to go with my 50" Panasonic Plasma. Anyone here with the Sony NC80V + Panny Plasma combo? Was thinking of the Panasonic changer until I saw this thread & nameless's concern about its Video D/A converter (thanks!).

So does the Sony NC80V + Panny Plasma 500U combo have any known issues?

Also, can the Sony be made region-free?

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,948 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless33
You might want something with a better Video D/A Converter the F87S is only 54MHz/10-bit per the website.

The S97S by comparison is 216MHz/11-bit

The Sony NC80V 5DVD changer is 108MHz/12-bit
The S97 is not a changer, which is apparently what he wants. Hopefully Panasonic will come out with a changer with HDMI and better video DACs in the near future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.