AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this on the costco site and I'm wondering if any Panasonic owners have signed up for this. It appears to be a free extended warranty, so that sweetens the deal if you're interested in a panny.

I haven't made five posts yet so I can't include the link

·
Registered
638 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinc3 /forum/post/0

I found this on the costco site and I'm wondering if any Panasonic owners have signed up for this. It appears to be a free extended warranty, so that sweetens the deal if you're interested in a panny.

It has been discussed extensively in the official 9UK thread here: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=706697

Many people have already sent in their paperwork.

·
Registered
461 Posts

Quote:

Keep in mind that most things purchased from Costco have no need for an extended warranty, as Costco will accept most things back, at ANY TIME for a full refund. There has been much discussion on various message boards that Costco has changed their policy on this, but in my part of the country, the only thing they've changed their return policy on is computers. I frequent Costco all the time for my business and was just there today. The woman I spoke with told me that as of today, tv's can still be returned at any time, for any reason.

John from Boston

·
Premium Member
18,327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedviewer /forum/post/0

Are the PRO models the same thing as the Commercial models?

Pro = Commercial = Industrial.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would that warranty be valid from other retailers? It's pretty much the same as offered by costco, but if i could use it somewhere else that'd be great. Since it's a factory rebate it seems likely.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma869 /forum/post/0

Keep in mind that most things purchased from Costco have no need for an extended warranty, as Costco will accept most things back, at ANY TIME for a full refund. There has been much discussion on various message boards that Costco has changed their policy on this, but in my part of the country, the only thing they've changed their return policy on is computers. I frequent Costco all the time for my business and was just there today. The woman I spoke with told me that as of today, tv's can still be returned at any time, for any reason.

John from Boston

Actually, it appears that Costco changed their policy regarding electronics starting at the first of this year. They will now only take returns for the fisrt six months. Seems that their former policy was being abused. There's a separate thread discussing this in one of the diplay forums.

Edit: Oops! It now appears that this information is wrong; Costco has NOT changed their policy.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts

Quote:

Would that warranty be valid from other retailers? It's pretty much the same as offered by costco, but if i could use it somewhere else that'd be great. Since it's a factory rebate it seems likely.

should be good from any other panasonic commercial/industrial plasma dealer.

check the visual apex site (cick the link at top of this page) they are a forum sponsor and they promote the free 5 year added pansonic warranty

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.