AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

With some advice here I got a Panasonic Rear Proj LCD 50LC13 4 years ago. In the near future I wanted to hook an HD Antenna to this unit and picked up an RCA antenna over the weekend.

I was told that my Channel 4 and 9 offer an HD signal and that I needed to tune into '4-1' or '9-1' or '9-2' with an HD Antenna.

I hooked the Antenna up and my Panasonic remote has the '-' button, however I am not able to tune to any of these channels. The owners guide refers to the '-' button working on DTV or DBS - DTV sounds about right but when I try to use the remote in this mode I cannot change channels.

Can I use an HD antenna with this unit?

· Registered
620 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by goochmd /forum/post/0

Folks,

With some advice here I got a Panasonic Rear Proj LCD 50LC13 4 years ago. In the near future I wanted to hook an HD Antenna to this unit and picked up an RCA antenna over the weekend.

I was told that my Channel 4 and 9 offer an HD signal and that I needed to tune into '4-1' or '9-1' or '9-2' with an HD Antenna.

I hooked the Antenna up and my Panasonic remote has the '-' button, however I am not able to tune to any of these channels. The owners guide refers to the '-' button working on DTV or DBS - DTV sounds about right but when I try to use the remote in this mode I cannot change channels.

Can I use an HD antenna with this unit?

IIRC, your set does not have a built-in ATSC Tuner.

If that is the case, you will need an external ATSC Tuner to receive the Digital channels.

· Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I started getting that feeling
- I guess the DTV is to work with an external ATSC Tuner.

The best laid plans of mice and men

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.