AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I posted this in the old, existing thread on this subject, but I suspect that the thread is too old, so I thought I'd start a new thread and will delete my posting in the old thread.

Anyway, I have a 50LC14, and I'm working on it with my brother. We got to the polarizing filter finally, but we had to disconnect the 3 ribbon cables that go to the LCD's. How in the heck do you re-connect the ribbon cables? We managed to break the little white ends off on one of the connectors, and I suspect we're screwed now.

Does anyone have a photo of how the ribbon connectors re-connect? I'm not grasping how to get the little piece that holds the ribbon connectors in place back on. Any help would be massively appreciated.

From reading the experiences of others in this thread, it sounded like it's easy to get to the burned filter, but we found it amazingly hard to get to and couldn't see any way to get to the filter without unplugging the lcd ribbon cables.

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
If you can provide a clear picture of the connector, it may jog our memory on how it works.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's been reassembled, but evidently we didn't get the connections right, as all I get is a white screen, no picture. If I take it apart again, I will post photos.

Thanks.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yes you are hosed if the white connector had the gold contacts. The only way you would be lucky is if it was the locking tab which is all white. As a future note they are ZIF style cables. That stands for Zero Insertion Force, which means brute force =damage. There are tons of ZIF socket and lock types so post a pic and we can try to help you out. Use the macro setting on your camera and get as close as possible without blurring.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.