AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Crew,

I replaced the Y-SUS board on my Panasonic TC P54S1 with a board from ebay the warranty has expired and I can't locate a replacement board. Can someone tell me if the Y SUS (SC Board) is repairable and How I can go about repairing it?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8maxn  /t/1471593/panasonic-54-tc-p54s1-bad-y-sus-board-sc-board-need-help/0_100#post_23285794

I replaced the Y-SUS board on my Panasonic TC P54S1 with a board from ebay the warranty has expired and I can't locate a replacement board. Can someone tell me if the Y SUS (SC Board) is repairable and How I can go about repairing it?

You can get a good idea on what is involved here and here .

A member repaired his SC-board using FET replacements here .

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwil  /t/1471593/panasonic-54-tc-p54s1-bad-y-sus-board-sc-board-need-help#post_23287449

You can get a good idea on what is involved here and here .

A member repaired his SC-board using FET replacements here .

wow.. looks complicated. I having a hard time testing the feds.

thank you for the link

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, I open the back of the TV , look at the SUS Y board; look some more, move the connections a little, take my finger and hit each of the FETs. Because I am overwhelmed with the tasks at hand for testing.

Next, I plug in the TV and to my amazement its turns on. Is this normal or do I have a faulty SUS Y Board that just works when it wants to?

·
Registered
1,356 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8maxn  /t/1471593/panasonic-54-tc-p54s1-bad-y-sus-board-sc-board-need-help/0_100#post_23293076

So, I open the back of the TV , look at the SUS Y board; look some more, move the connections a little, take my finger and hit each of the FETs. Next, I plug in the TV and to my amazement its turns on. Is this normal or do I have a faulty SUS Y Board that just works when it wants to?

Glad your TV is working now. Time will tell, but you might have had a loose connection, or a cold solder joint on one of the FETs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts