AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I posted this in the V10 thread and didn't really see much of a response, so I thought I'd try my own thread and see how that goes.

I'm wondering if any have you have seen this yet. I play a lot of Rock Band 2, and when using the auto calibration tool in-game, it set my audio delay to around 25ms. It worked great for a couple weeks. Now, just the other day I was playing and noticed the calibration seemed "off", so I went back into the settings to verify that it was still properly calibrated. I ran the auto-calibration tool again, and it bumped up my audio delay to 45ms.

Some things to know. I have a very simple setup. I don't use any receiver or surround sound. I am running the game via HDMI straight out of the Xbox into the TV. I put the input I use for the Xbox into Game Mode, though I know it has no effect on latency. The only thing I've done is recently changed the "Custom" menu to the CNET settings. I only use the "Custom" settings for my PS3 for watching Blu-Ray discs, and that's on another input anyways. In game, Dolby Digital is turned OFF (I know this causes some lag) and the 360 has always been set to 1080p.

Any ideas on what might be causing this? If there's some bug with settings crossing over to inputs and affecting latency, I'd be more than happy to change a couple settings back to default if it will help.

Has anybody else run into this issue yet?

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Not sure if this was on Panny, or on what models, but on some sets if you picked a certain input and named it 'PC' it would suddenly go into zero lag mode... GAME is a good possibility too, but the point is play around with those and other names on different inputs until , hopefully, you find one that works well...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts