AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just received a new Panasonic 55GT50 last week and all seemed fine. However, I just noticed a green vertical line on the far right had side of the screen. It's about 5 pixels wide. The weird thing is that the line only shows with the format set to 'Full'. In all other formats, the line does not show.

Do you guys think this is a defect in the screen, or is it some setting?

I hope you guys could help me before I call Panasonic or send the TV back to Amazon. Really would not like the hassle of sending it back, but if it's defect...

Thanks a lot.

·
Premium Member
18,302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kojtl1000  /t/1417398/panasonic-55gt50-green-line-far-right-hand-side-screen#post_22164557

Hi all,

I just received a new Panasonic 55GT50 last week and all seemed fine. However, I just noticed a green vertical line on the far right had side of the screen. It's about 5 pixels wide. The weird thing is that the line only shows with the format set to 'Full'. In all other formats, the line does not show.

Do you guys think this is a defect in the screen, or is it some setting? I hope you guys could help me before I call Panasonic or send the TV back to Amazon. Really would not like the hassle of sending it back, but if it's defect...

It would be helpful if you tell us exactly what your source is when you see this green vertical line, and how that source is connected to the TV.

If it were a fault with the screen then you'd see this green line on all sources and all inputs. Historically, a green vertical line along the right edge of the screen has come from some cable boxes and some satellite receivers. I have seen this personally on more than a few HD TVs (not just Panasonic) and it was indeed coming from cable and satellite. When the TV is set to FULL and HD Size 2, it's just accurately displaying the signal it's getting from the source. Have to checked to see if this green line is present using the TV's antenna tuner or a DVD Player etc?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Randy!!

It seems that you are correct. I tested with other sources and same Format (Full) and it seems the green line is only there when playing from the cable box as a source. I tried WDTV Live and Amazon prime (no blu ray yet) and no green line from these sources.

However, all is connected through my yamaha rx-v673 receiver. When I connect directly via HDMI from the cable box to the tv, there is no green line. Have you got any suggestions here, or should I repost this problem in a different subforum?

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Is the box set for the right output?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by adone36  /t/1417398/panasonic-55gt50-green-line-far-right-hand-side-screen#post_22165370

Is the box set for the right output?

Sorry for my ignorance,
but can you elaborate a bit? What box do you mean and wat settings can I change?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts