AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Just picked up a panasonic VT50 today, plugged in my USB hard drives and got the dreaded "usb power overload" message. Plugged in 2 different external hard drives and got the message twice. Plugged in a small USB stick, and didnt get the message.

Does the VT50 support portable external hard drives (the ones without power supply)? Anyone else using a portable hard drive with the VT? Also, does the VT support xvid avi file format.

Thanks

·
Registered
689 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadhakim  /t/1421887/panasonic-55vt50-usb-power-overload-error/0_100#post_22251114

Hi All,

Just picked up a panasonic VT50 today, plugged in my USB hard drives and got the dreaded "usb power overload" message. Plugged in 2 different external hard drives and got the message twice. Plugged in a small USB stick, and didnt get the message.

Does the VT50 support portable external hard drives (the ones without power supply)? Anyone else using a portable hard drive with the VT? Also, does the VT support xvid avi file format.

Thanks

I believe the user's manual warns about that, to use USB flash drives not external hard drives due to USB power limitation.

However I was able to use an external USB hard drive that had a split USB cable where you could provide power separately, either thru a second USB port or from an external power supply with USB port output.

I had a similar issue with my small netbook PC when its on battery power using the same USB hard drive, needed the split cable with separate USB power for that as well. Its OK when the netbook PC is on AC power however.

Probably such a USB Y-cable cable is available somewhere, have to search for that.

I found this one online from a search looks like available at walmart, looks similar to the cable that came with my USB external hard drive:
Startech 6' USB Y Cable for External Hard Drive

1 - 3 of 3 Posts