AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I'm considering a 52" Sansung LCD TV 'LN52A750' or a Panasonic 58" Plasma TV "TH-58PZ750U".

I have several 8' windows to the right of the TV (West exposure) and will be sitting approximately 11' from the TV.

Any advice on the best choice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I would go for the 58" set.

When you consider how much more screen real estate you get with the 58" (about 25%), it's really a no-brainer!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks HDPeeT, I like the idea of a larger TV, but my concern is regarding glare, picture quality, the best manufacturer with the least amount of problems etc.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
If I recall correctly, the Samsung LN52A750 has a glossy screen just like the PZ750, so neither will be the best at reducing glare. Picture quality is subjective, but in my opinion, the plasma will deliver the better picture. I suggest you take a look at both of them and decide which looks best to you.

For your information, Panasonic was ranked highest in Consumer Reports for reliability.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDPeeT /forum/post/14241220

If I recall correctly, the Samsung LN52A750 has a glossy screen just like the PZ750, so neither will be the best at reducing glare. Picture quality is subjective, but in my opinion, the plasma will deliver the better picture. I suggest you take a look at both of them and decide which looks best to you.

For your information, Panasonic was ranked highest in Consumer Reports for reliability.

Couldn't agree more. Personally, I'm a plasma person so I'd say go for the Panasonic 58".

Honestly, 6 months ago if you asked me I would tell you that there is no lcd on the market I would ever spend my money on. When the Samsung 6 and 7 series lcd's came out I was extremely impressed and they are possibly the best lcds I have ever seen and if I was looking for a 40 or 42" set I would probably go for the Sammy.

Especially after seeing a 40a650 after ISF calibration the PQ improved so much. Out of the box the samsung looks decent, but after calibration there is a HUGE difference IMO.

Anyways.......they are both nice sets but you'll have to take a look at them both and decide which is the right one for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts