AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought, but haven't pick up yet, a 65VT25. I got a 3 yr extended warranty at the store for $360. Upon reading on another site, someone mentioned to me that there are online warranty companies how offer much cheaper rates. He mentioned CPS and Mack. So, I am thinking when I go back for my TV, opting out of the warranty agreement w/ them and going w/ one online.

I never heard of those warranty companies. Did some googling, is CPS ConsumerPriorityService (CPSCentral.com)? Are they reputable if something would go wrong w/ the TV? How do repairs work? Are there service centers they go through that i'd call direct and they come work on the TV in my home? (I am in the cincinnati area).

Thanks for any info!!!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
If anyone can please help w/ this I'd appreciate it. Am picking up my TV tomorrow and need to decide whether or not to get refunded for the warranty purchased.

I contacted CPSCentral.com and they replied that before they can give me a quote on a warranty, I need to scan and fax them a copy of my invoice. Is this customary? I've never heard of them and not sure if this is the company I was directed to on the other site.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCSchoch /forum/post/19584792

If anyone can please help w/ this I'd appreciate it. Am picking up my TV tomorrow and need to decide whether or not to get refunded for the warranty purchased.

I contacted CPSCentral.com and they replied that before they can give me a quote on a warranty, I need to scan and fax them a copy of my invoice. Is this customary? I've never heard of them and not sure if this is the company I was directed to on the other site.

Thanks for any help.

I have heard good things about squaretrade. I hear that they do NOT prorate the TV! I am going to call them and see what it will cost.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Stick with the warranty from the retailer. Those online ones are extremely unreliable. Some "experts" on avs will try to argue that they are cheaper for the same thing and retails warranty is a rip off. But i like to look at risk vs odds and who knows how long the online warranty company will stay I business? U have to deal with some potentially shady company over the phone and then deal with 3rd party repair men? Whatever, I'd rather pay a bit more at BB to know my warranty won't crap out on me, to know that it's an actual BB employee to come to my house and service the tv, to have a face I can talk to if I need it, a publicly traded company with shareholders to answer to, and a store I can go to pick out my replacement if the tv goes bad. Instead of ok the 3rd party repair guy said it's fine.....ok we will replace it, you will have your check for $200 in 8-12 weeks. Think about it, what do they base replacement value on? Amazon? When my old plasma went out BB gave me enough money to buy the next best tv for nothing out of pocket on the spot.

Don't take short cuts. If u want to just don't even get the warranty at all.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would definitely choose Square Trade. They have great ratings on Amazon. Based on their reviews, they are very trustworthy. They allow themselves to be rated so they want to please the customer for more good reviews.

·
Registered
154 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoshredder27 /forum/post/0

i would definitely choose square trade. They have great ratings on amazon. Based on their reviews, they are very trustworthy. They allow themselves to be rated so they want to please the customer for more good reviews.

+1

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Looked into square trade on Amazon. They charge $375 for a 4 year warranty on a TV up to 3K. I got a 5 year deal through retailer for $360, so think I'll stick w/ it. Feel better about my purchase now.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.