AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a problem with my Panasonic 75U and thought I'd see if anyone here knows anything about it. Lately I've been having flicker problems with my projector. The projected image will dim, sometimes for as long as a second, then get bright again, often it does this a few times very quickly. The projector is only about 6 months old, the bulb has about 250 hours on it, so I know it doesn't need to be replaced. I did a search on this site to find info on this kind of thing, but it turned up nothing.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Erick

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
my ae100 seems to do this on econo mode on occasion. it's weird. it is the same effect that lights have when you first slap on a say a dishwasher or other appliance. it flickers like that. Weird. It only happens on econo mode too. And sometimes I can get it to go away. If it is hapepning, I can put the pj into normal lamp mode and then abck to econo. problem solved.

It just started happening a week ago and I have about 740 hours on the lamp.

I have heard of quite a few panasonic owners with this problem.

·
Registered
82 Posts
My old mitsu X80 does the same thing. :(

I've 2 bulbs, one at 700hrs, other at 100hrs.

Both do flickering sometimes.

They are SHP 150W bulbs. I haven't found any cure yet...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Power supply issue, most likely. Might be correctable under the warranty, but the new one might do the same thing. A lot of people have posted the same comment about different dual voltage (dual lamp mode) projectors from different manufacturers.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I had the same problem with my 75U a few weeks ago. It was an intermittent problem but after putting up with it for a few weeks I decided to send it to panasonic through the panazip program. When I received their loaner I found that it had the same problem. I was thinking it was an electrical issue on my end but I tried several things and was able to rule that out. Panasonic was unable to find anything wrong with my unit after running it for 4 hours so they sent it back to me. I have used it for about 8 hours since I received it back and the problem no longer seems to be there. Both my projector and the loaner had around 125 hours on the lamp and were both marked as april 2002 on the bottom. Not sure if that means anything or not.

Panasonic was wonderful to deal with if you decide to use the panazip program.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info about the panazip program, Thar. I think I might see if the problem persists before I mail it in. It's not a huge problem, the flicker doesn't happen all the time, and from what others have posted, there may be no real solution.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by erickclark
Thanks for the info about the panazip program, Thar. I think I might see if the problem persists before I mail it in. It's not a huge problem, the flicker doesn't happen all the time, and from what others have posted, there may be no real solution.
That is what (in a way) pisses me off the most about it with the ae100. I have gone like 10 straight hours without any flicker some days (football sunday) and then on others it has started after about 25 mins of use. I could just see sending it in and they test it out and it doesn't flicker for them since the flciker is random. In that respect, it'd be better if it happened all the time.

I am like you though, it doesn't happen all the time so I won't send it in to get fixed (if it can be fixed) unless it gets worse.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.