AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found my very old Panasonic DVD A310 up in the attic. Can anyone think of a reason for not throwing it in the trash?

·
Registered
524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Graf /forum/post/13015736

I found my very old Panasonic DVD A310 up in the attic. Can anyone think of a reason for not throwing it in the trash?

Unless its broken I hate throwing away good equipment. Some of this old stuff has a habit of lasting well beyond its good use.

You could place it in a 2nd or 3rd bedroom that has a TV. Hook it up to your Kitchen 13" set if you have the room. Donate it to a friend.

Another good thing to do is give it to a starving relative in college. I have a first generation RCA DVD (something RC-5000 I think) player that just kept on going and refused to die. As I started to build a stack of older DVD players in the closet the RCA just had to go. So I gave it to my nephew who is in college. Over Christmas I asked him if its still working and he said it was.

·
One-Man Content Creator
25,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Graf /forum/post/13015736

That's pretty old. Googling does not reveal much love for it. None on ebay.

I recommend attaching it to a TV in the basement in front of an exercise bike and watching old ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS and AVENGERS episodes.

-Bill

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't think (but I didn't try) that it will play DVD-R or CD-R or MPG3.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I say give it to a school, church, community center, nursing home etc.

Or you could smash it.

But I say donate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts