Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.

I would like to find out what the average screensizes are in the home theaters out there. It might be interesting.

Please post your size as: DIAGONAL IN INCHES, then there wont be any missunderstanding about the size.

I have the panasonic ae100 with a 92" diagonal screen.

And i want panasonic ae500 with a ??????????? screen. :)

Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have the panasonic PT-300u with a 92" diagonal screen.(painted flat gray wall).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wannabe here waiting with bated breath for a true hi def projector at the $1999 price point. Could you guys add what your viewing distance is and whether you have taken steps (defocus, move seats back, smaller than ideal screen, etc.) to eliminate or minimize the dreaded screen door effect.

Thanks

·
Registered
654 Posts
I have an ae100 with 84" screen.

Viewing distance ~ 2x screen width. Even at this distance, I use a little defocus to get rid of screendoor...

·
Registered
293 Posts
I have an AE300 projecting a 96" diagonal picture on a plain white wall. My viewing distance is 15 feet, which is more than 2x screen width. I like to sit closer, but I'd have to find a way to mount the projector over my head.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have an AE300 with a 110 diagonal image viewed from 13' back. No problems so far and the image takes up the full field of view.

David

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
PT-L200U with a matte white 16:9 78" diag. screen @11 feet. I also use a 2.35:1 108" diag. blackout cloth screen @12.5 feet (slight defocus to eliminate screendoor).

·
Registered
109 Posts
AE 300 and a 105" 16-9 screen

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
L300U and HCCV 106" screen

viewing distance 12'

looks great!

·
Registered
122 Posts
ae100 - 123" diagonal - seating postitions 8ft, 13ft, 16ft

screendoor is a nonissue from 13-16 positions at 8ft only I seem to notice it. How -- perfectly defocused with hoya filter. Projector mounted with slight zoom - colors are vivid through HTPC and pretty good for RP56 and xbox

·
Registered
336 Posts
L300U - 82" diagonal dazian matte white screen - seating at 9ft.

No problems w/screendoor (blissfully bad eyesight, i suppose); screen is actually 6ftx4ft, and i use optical zoom in switching between 16:9 (72"x40.5") and 4:3 (54"x48")

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
L300U with 105" diagonal screen, flat white paint on dark olive wall. Seating distance 12' or so, no screendoor, I can see feint horizontal lines when the image moves vertically. No defocus.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Our home theater room construction is in progress, so I have to use the living room for now with my AE100.

It's 145" wide and some screen door is visible. Light control is a must, but it still looks ok. Newbies to FP are amazed by it. My neighbors can watch from across the street.

·
Registered
85 Posts
L300U 96" DIY

Take at look at my gallery for pics

I still need to do some work. I made the mistake of watching a movie before finishing the HT.

Rick

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.