AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please

I have just replaced the bulb after the lamp hour indicator came on and the unit seemed to go into a power save mode (approx 1800 hours). After installing the bulb I then rest the lamp hours however, the picture is just not as bright as it used to be (particularly on the component connection) and in cinema mode it is just too dark to enjoy. Excuse the pun but can anyone shed any light on this issue?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveferrari
Help please

I have just replaced the bulb after the lamp hour indicator came on and the unit seemed to go into a power save mode (approx 1800 hours). After installing the bulb I then rest the lamp hours however, the picture is just not as bright as it used to be (particularly on the component connection) and in cinema mode it is just too dark to enjoy. Excuse the pun but can anyone shed any light on this issue?
Did you buy it off ebay, or online other than the sponsers? If it wasn't an original lamp purchased from any of the sponsors that could be why. The cheap china lamps that lower bulb prices by 50-100 are 50% less bright than the originals when it comes to any projector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. It was purchased on the net from a french company who claimed it is a manufacturers original lamp however, it did not arrive in a panasonic branded packaging and judging by your reply this probably points to the answer. This now leaves me with a dilemna as to whether I should buy an original bulb or look to upgrade and I can't really afford either but we do use this projector at least 4 to 5 hours a day so it is not just an indulgence. Any suggestions for me to move forward?

·
Registered
478 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliveferrari /forum/post/19524113

Thank you for the reply. It was purchased on the net from a french company who claimed it is a manufacturers original lamp however, it did not arrive in a panasonic branded packaging and judging by your reply this probably points to the answer. This now leaves me with a dilemna as to whether I should buy an original bulb or look to upgrade and I can't really afford either but we do use this projector at least 4 to 5 hours a day so it is not just an indulgence. Any suggestions for me to move forward?

I'd try to get a refund on that bulb if you can. If not I'd say sell the unit as-is on ebay and see what you can get for it and buy an epson 8350 from one of the sponsors. It's a nice upgrade and is plenty bright.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts