AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me if this would make a good combo or not? I currently have a panasonic rp62 hooked up via component in progressive scan mode. All this HD upconvert talk has me intrigued to possibly purchase one of the players. My only concern is that the ae300/l300u is limited to it's 960 x 540 lcd panel. Now I would think that since you would be using the 960 x 540 panel, it's still a marginal increase over typical dvd resolution. So, would I be able to see a noticeable difference in PQ while viewing a dvd in 1080i. The players I am considering are the liteon LVD-2001 and the Dreamx/NeuNeo units that utilize the component outs. Any feedback on this is greatly appreciated!!

thanks,

Joey

·
Registered
224 Posts
Here's another thread discussing DVI and 1080i from DVD's on an L300U and the Bravo D1. Unfortunately the L300U doesn't list 960x540 or 1920c1080 as compatible DVI signals. It can do some other settings like wide 768 but the pj has to scale this signal and I'm not sure the picture looks as great as pj's with native resolutions of 720p. You could try the DVI-VGA adapter at 1080i, I don't know if it works though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.