AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the new Ae500, is due for release in Japan, on October 15........

1:1300 CONTRAST.....

1280x1024 Resolution

Same screendoor remover as AE300.

MAMA !!!!

I want one, NOW !!!!!

Man, this thing is gonna blow EVERYTHING OUT OF THE WATER, and I mean EVERYTHING regardless of price !!!

bring it on

Buganna.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Regardless of price!!! If price is no object I'll take a JVC QX1, 2048x1596 resolution, 6000 lumens, >1000:1 CR, etc or maybe even drop down to a lowly Sony SXRD.

On paper, the Sony HS20 should be more than a match for the AE500 albeit at a price that may street at perhaps $1000 higher. The various Matterhorn DLP projectors would also be more than worthy contenders for those not bothered by DLP.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
6000 lumens ?

wow - do you live in a field ?

there is NO NEED for any higher than 700-900 lumens for any LCD PJ, in any average to medium room.

6000 in an average room, and its like staring at a light bulb.....

1:1300 contrast from a LCD.......thats groundbreaking.....

add in LOWEST DB fan noise, chicken-less image, 5000 hour bulb life, natural colours,

and I CAN NOT SEE anything better on the market, thats designed for the home user

Sony what ?

Its OK, if low contrast and high fan noise are ACCEPTABLE, and paying MORE for that too !!!!!

face it, the AE500 will DESTROY anything else under $5,000 EASILY !!!!

Buganna.

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JVC DLA QX1 lamp

Please allow 7-10 days for delivery. 3 month manufacturers warranty.

Price £5755 plus VAT and delivery

thats $ 10k JUST for the LAMP !!!!!

with 7,000 lumens, and 1:1,000 the picture is gonna be utter rubbish !!!!

its not EVEN designed for home cinema, but for MASSIVE presentations, for military use etc

its only priority is MASSIVE SIZE and MASSIVE LIGHT OUTPUT

ABSOLUTELY OF NO USE for home cinema at all. A Infocus X1 will be FAR BETTER for home use, than that JVC.

for the same price, Id take the AE500 ANYTIME. No question about it.

HIGH PRICE Means NOTHING !

any PJ is about the spec., the manufacturers expertise, the application, and a tailored design for home cinema.

for any of you doubters, the AE500 is not out yet, but there is ALREADY A WAITING LIST...........

keep adjusting your contrast levels on yours Sonys et al !!!!!

respect

Buganna.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Buganna, this type of posting could be considered troll bait. Why don't you wait until the products have been released before getting into "mine is bigger than yours" type posts.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Buganna, you seem to be the first AE500 fan boy ;)

The AE500 will be a very interesting projector, I have no doubt about that. But your enthusiasm is a bit too much. Buy it and have fun with it - but there will be much better pictures around. There is no doubt about that.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Buganna,

The point I was trying to make is that to say that the AE500 is the best regardless of price is absurd. I am sure that it will be VERY competitive in its intended market. BTW the Sony HS20 specs indicate similar CR, higher lumens, higher resolution, HDMI input, similar noise, etc. Given that neither projector is currently available, you are only going by specs which the Sony HS20 seems to win on.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Buganna: "Same screen door remover as AE300."

I thought the screen door remover was improved or reworked on the AE500.

Also I forgot the what is the technology called that is used to improve the contrast ratio on the AE500. Has this been used before on other LCD projectors?

Rick

·
Registered
971 Posts
What exactly was the point in creating this post? There are already enough posts talking about the specs of the new 500 that are at least 2-3 weeks old. I hope a mod decides to either delete or 'merge' this post.

RG

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
What a useless thread.

So the AE500 will blow everything out fo the water because it has a 1300:1 contrast ratio? What about the Sony HS20 and the Sanyo Z2 that have the same spec for the contrast? Funny, I look at the specs and see 3 Pjs that look like they will be dman close in performance.

And then to say it will be the best under 5 grand....what about that DLP that is 1280x720 and lists for under 5 grand?

Again, what a useless thread. Reading Bugana's posts makes me think he works for Panasonic.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Shame about me. Oh, I mean... SHAME about ME!!!

It's good to know that this LCD projector will be the best projector ever created by mankind. So all other developments can be canceled (who needs laser or 1080i projectors?)

If Buganna gives me a guarantee, I will place my order right now

:D

·
Banned
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Look,

I do NOT work for Panasonic ( Wish I did, i would get them for cheap !! )

but, as a fan of LCD PJs, and having owned a Sanyo PLV-30 and Pana AE100,

i am VERY EXCITED that finally top quality images are coming from LCD PJs !!!

OK,, SAnyo Z2 will be good, and SONY HS20 too , as long as they get it to be quiet

I AM NOT saying your current PJ is rubbish, far from it,, just that it is GREAT that something like the AE500 - Z2 can blow away a £ 20 k PJ from only 2 years ago !!!!!

bring it on

Buganna.

PS: whats more useless ? this thread, or the PERSON replying saying this thread is useless ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
PS: whats more useless ? this thread, or the PERSON replying saying this thread is useless ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL....there neck and neck

Being excited is a good thing. I spend hours upon hours scouring every resorce I could to see when the new LCD PJ were gonna be out. I found no clue and bought a HS10, a month later the HS20 is announced:mad:

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
1:1300 CONTRAST.....rather weak in comparison to projectors with 3000 to 1 contrast. No one has even seen this projector, could be a good deal or a bust-but the BEST -Not a chance-

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
1300:1 CR is rather weak in comparison to the numbers being thrown around for new DLP projectors. CR is certainly a very important picture quality criteria, however, I would not use CR as the judge all and be all. I prefer the high resolution and fill factor of LCOS and would take a DILA projector over any current single chip DLP projector. Does that mean that resolution and fill factor are more important that CR? Nope, just that my priorities are different.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.